22

"I don't want to go to a ball!" I strop scowling at my brother and Sarah who seem to think that it is a brilliant idea

"Come on Ester." My brother says desperately.

Sarah seems to take a different approach "You will get to wear a pretty dress, with flowers and frills, a nice necklace and heels, how wonderfully is that!" She says happily.

My brother shakes his head knowing that this is the wrong way to put it. As I turn up my nose at the thought "I much prefer my breeches."

"Come on Ester, this is the one way that Sarah can speak to Tewksbury in a disguise without looking weird." William begs.

I then think of Tewksbury and my cheeks flush red, his kind smile and his charming nature. His obsession with flowers and his soft ways. Hell I doubt he would harm a fly.

"Why don't I speak to him?" I suggest.

"What!" Says my brother. And Sarah turns to be confused.

"I know Tewksbury, better than I know anyone, unless you count Enola. But he will listen to me if I talk." I beg thinking of seeing both my friends again.

"But then our cover will be blown." My brother says a worried look in his eye. That's not the only problem I cannot be recognized by our parents. So perhaps I will have to dress up pretty.

"I trust Enola and Tewksbury, and they trust me. They wouldn't tell a soul if it were so important." I say in full seriousness. I trust Enola and Tewksbury with my life.

My brother sighs on the sofa Sarah leaning into him. "Fine, but if that backfires that's on you, both me and Sarah will be around to keep an eye out if anything goes wrong."

"Good," I smile, I am going to see my friends again "Now if you excuse me I am going to find an itchy dress, for such a special occasion." I say sarcastically. Wondering to the room I am using right now.

I end up doing my hair up in a lose plat and choosing a simple deep red dress. Luckily its long enough to cover my heeled boots and I pick up a silk white fan. I am not to worried about being recognized by my parents, I have grown and now have slightly tanned skin, my hair is longer and my eyes are bluer, they barley paid attention to me anyway, I doubt that they would notice me now. I practically can't wait to see Tewksbury again and I bet Enola is there too.

 I practically can't wait to see Tewksbury again and I bet Enola is there too