14

Enola closes the door behind us after we enter

Enola closes the door behind us after we enter. The house is completely black no house lamps or candles lit. Nothing. Leaving us in the darkness.

"Where are all the servants?" Tewksbury asks not particularly to anyone but more confused in general. I am guessing that they have a lot of servants so it is usual to see the candles lit and often one of them cleaning the hallway even if it is barely dusty.

Tewksbury grips my hand tighter obviously not liking the dark very much. We all walk into the center of the hallway looking around for any sign of someone. "Mother?" Calls Tewksbury. The sound echoing across the walls.

Meanwhile I keep getting this bad feeling, like we are not supposed to be here. I mean yeah, I did technically just break us in, but it is Tewksbury's home.

Tewksbury looks around before leading us to some steps that seem to head up to a waiting area, so if they had guests I am guessing it would be where the family would greet them. I had the same thing in my home, just all on one level.

This room is also not lit with candles and completely dark, with no noise anywhere.

"What is happening?" Whispers Tewksbury.

I look at Enola her eyes meeting mine and we both widen them coming to the same realization.

"They know that we are here"

We walk to the center of the room a circular table sitting there with a vase on top of it. That's when the deadly silence is filled with a noise that didn't come from us. The sound of a rifle being loaded.

"Down!" I shout being in the middle of Enola and Tewksbury. With his hand still pressed to mine, I also grab Enola's arm pulling them both down with me to hide below the table. As above us the nice vase that sat there is blown to pieces.

Tewksbury whimpers slightly and I grip his hand tighter. More gunshots ring out as we hide under the table me and Enola have gone into survival mode our training kicking in, as Tewksbury physically shakes in fear.

The shots pause for a second and Enola looks at me and gets out from the table, before pulling me and Tewksbury along with her and shouting "RUN!"

I am quick on my feet pushing Tewksbury Infront of me so I can protect him from behind. I promised to keep him safe after all. And I am intent in keeping my promises.

We all sprint back to the front door pushing against it trying to get it open.

"Its locked!" Tewksbury shouts over the sounds of Gunshots getting closer.

"How!?" I shouts back as the armor stand beside us it blasted in the chest.

Down the corridor we now got a clear view of the bowler hat man who stood there with a rifle in hand. Of course. He scowled, thank god he doesn't have a good aim otherwise one of us would be dead.