What to Expect | Infrared's Themes

I'm going to straight up and say this, guys: Infrared is a complicated story. It touches on darker themes and is meant to be a bit of an emotional roller coaster. I wouldn't call this a trigger chapter, but rather a chapter where I tell you what to expect as you work your way through the book. With fanfiction, I tend to put darker twists on the franchise to which the fanfiction belongs because Dark Fantasy is my specialty.

So here are only a few of the themes I've included in this story:

- Grief, loss, and how it may affect a child (yes, I consider a sixteen-year-old a child).

- Fear is a very human-like emotion, but it's also one of the most dangerous ones. You have to learn to be brave (this story contains a subtle message about abuse and trauma, but it's not very graphic).

- Friendship and why friends are so important when someone is grieving.

- The journey to acceptance is difficult, but one day, it will happen. You'll never forget your loved one, but you will be able to finally move on with your life.

- Betrayal of a family member and their impact on the ones who love them.

- Robots don't have to be robots. They can be human, too.

- Not every love story has to be the same.

- P.S. there are three pretty intense scenes in this book: one in Chapter 14, one in Chapter 43, and one in Chapter 45, so just be prepared.