Chapter 49: The Way Home (Found)

Song: "Sky Kingdom" - Trevor Demaere

Suicune

"Said to be the reincarnation of north winds, it can instantly purify filthy, murky water."

- Pokémon LeafGreen

In her wildest dreams, Penny never thought she'd stare into the eyes of a god, but there she was, wooing Arven, and Suicune stood in front of them.

Penny, Arven, Miraidon, and even Tatsugiri bowed. It felt necessary for such a noble Pokémon.

The north wind picked up and blew Suicune's two streamer-like tails. His back legs hit the Islet's bank, so he no longer perched on the lake.

Suicune straightened his posture and roared. He sounded like a siren luring a sailor to their doom.

The roar mesmerized Penny. She shakily stood and offered Suicune the Scarlet Book. He had to be Celebi's friend.

Suicune approached her, and Penny lowered the book, bowing again.

"Do not fear me."

Hearing Suicune's voice, Penny jumped. Like Celebi, he had telepathy.

Suicune examined Penny and her friends. "Please rise, all of you." He seemed to smile at Tatsugiri. "You, too, little Tatsugiri."

Tatsugiri looked up. Per Suicune's request, it rose.

"I am Suicune, the embodiment of the north wind and water." Suicune glanced between Tatsugiri, Miraidon, Arven, and Penny. "Welcome. My friend, Celebi, said you were coming. May I see the Scarlet Book, Penny?"

Suicune said not to fear him, but Penny felt she had no choice until she gave him the book. Shivering, she got up again and held it to his snout.

Suicune's streamers, like Sylveon's feelers, accepted the book, and he put it over his head. "Thank you. Now, come with me, Miraidon."

"Gias?" Miraidon checked behind and on either side of him. He focused on Suicune, who nodded.

"Yes, you. I need to ask you something."

At first, Miraidon didn't move. He looked like he was carefully studying Suicune and trying to figure out if he was a friend or foe.

Penny understood Miraidon's hesitation. After all, she'd heard good and bad stories about Legendary Pokémon.

She stepped aside when Arven passed her and stroked Miraidon. "It's okay, Miraidon. I think we can trust him."

Did Arven's voice crack? If it did, a confetti shower of emotions popped out of Penny's baton. She giggled and chewed her pinkie.

Still nervous, Miraidon sat back and lifted his front foot. He set it on top of Arven's hand. "Come with me, Arven," his eyes read.

Doh, that was adorable, considering how much Miraidon hated Arven before. Penny wondered what changed the Pokémon's mind.

Arven chuckled feebly. He took a few steps forward and stumbled.