Chapter 34 (Old): Who is AI Sada?

One at a time, Turo's AI Pokémon turned on and deactivated their sleep modes. They got up, and their eyes glowed cyan and white. Together, they surrounded Arven's party.

Turo pulled a new Holographic Ball from his coat pocket. Holding it up, he said, "My beautiful AIs will make sure y'all don't get far. This is what I've built them for. Let's make this the battle of the future."

"Yes, let's," Nemona said, freeing a pokéball of her own. Hopefully, she would actually fight that time. "Hang in there, Meowscarada," she called to her Pokémon. Her attention moved over to Arven, Kenji, and Miraidon. "Arven, Kenji, Miraidon, Scarlet, Penny, and I will distract Turo. You guys get Sada out of here and keep her safe."

"Right," Kenji said. He noticed Turo glaring at him out of the corner of his eye.

"Traitor!" Turo shouted. He was suddenly shaky. It was like he suffered from low blood pressure.

"Sorry, boss," Kenji said, remaining calm, "but I need to protect Arven and Sada from you. At least until you snap out of it."

Miraidon joined him and Arven, still carrying Sada.

"Here, Miraidon, I've got her." Kenji reached up and gently took Sada from him. "Easy now. Be careful with her arm." It wasn't long until he carried Sada in his own arms.

She whimpered when he bounced her a little. She sounded like a dog who had sprained its paw.

Arven went to Sada's side and ran his hand across her crystallized cheek. Anger boiled inside him, but he calmed himself by taking a deep breath. That was surely how Miraidon controlled his anger.

"Let's go, Arven," Kenji gently said.

Arven removed his hand from Sada and stepped in front of Miraidon. "Miraidon, you've been here before. Do you know where we need to go?"

Miraidon nodded. Floating past Kenji and Arven, he knocked a few AI Pokémon back with his tail. A gap appeared, and he, Arven, and Kenji slipped through it.

"Traitor!" Turo again yelled, in a slightly choked voice. "She belongs to me!" He lifted his thumb to press another button on his device, but a small figure jumped him from behind and knocked it out of hand. "No!" Turo cried out. He clutched his wrist.

Celebi held the device in between its little arms. It hugged it to its body and soared away from a few AI Pokémon who started to chase it: AI Paldean Tauros and an AI Iron Treads.

Very well. If this was how Arven's party wanted to play, then it was time for Turo's Plan B. It started with him shouting, "Get that Pokémon!" at Iron Treads and Tauros.

"Bi!" Celebi bellowed at Nemona.

"I'm guessing it's saying, 'Now', so let's go!" Nemona almost threw her pokéball, but she gasped when another flashback of Meowscarada losing overtook her mind. Instantly, she lowered her ball and stepped away from Turo.

Scarlet, who sent out Skeledirge, gave Nemona a stern look. "Nemona, you have to fight. Penny and I can't take on Turo alone."

Penny released her Sylveon and said, "The faster we stop Turo, Nemona, the faster we save Meowscarada."

"I know, I know." Nemona inhaled and exhaled. She pushed Meowscarada's memory out of her head and lifted her pokéball again. "Okay, here I go." Nemona tossed her pokéball forward. "Go, Goodra!"

***

Kenji and Arven followed Miraidon into a circular room that was next to the base's barracks, which mostly consisted of charging stations. The area had a single steel staircase that vibrated with Kenji and Arven's boots while they descended it. Miraidon's electrical glow guided them and covered them in a violet and yellowish-blue light.