Prologue: The Legend of Koraidon

Song: "A Blackened Heart" - Peter Gundry

Area Zero

Research Station No. 4

Three years earlier

"Professor Sada, please. We can't stay here," AI Sada robotically begged when the ruthless, new Koraidon Sada brought from the past threw its large and powerful arms into the station's mother computer. Sparks flew down from it like a cut wire, followed by the sizzling roar of the giant as a fire sprouted. It spread slowly to the lab's other sections, threatening to explode at any moment.

Terrified by the alpha's power, Sada's Koraidon—weak in his low-power mode—hopped down from the lab's testing table and backed up to the wall. He tried to hide in the shadows, behind pipes and machines that still stood, but the new Koraidon still found him.

It swiped its tail over his head and flashed its sword-like fangs.

"Agia," Sada's Koraidon whimpered.

"Koraidon!" Professor Sada yelled. She released herself from AI Sada, who looked just like her, and sprinted for her Pokémon. "AI Sada, run!" she called over the shoulder of her lab coat. Her messy, dirty blonde hair waved behind her.

"But... Professor." AI Sada tilted her chin, falling silent after those two words.

Tears shimmered in Professor Sada's cyan eyes. "Just take care of Koraidon for me. And Arven, too. Now go."

A woman who knew death was imminent was a terrifying sight, but AI Sada obeyed her. She started to leave but glanced at Professor Sada one last time before turning on her heel.

Next to Professor Sada, the new Koraidon curled into a ball and somersaulted toward hers. The feathers on top of its head and antennae shimmered like a Terastallized Pokémon.

Professor Sada held her hand out to her first Koraidon. "Koraidon!"

"Sada, stop!" a new voice screamed from the opposite direction of the hallway AI Sada took, but it was too late.

Professor Sada threw herself between Koraidon and his alpha counterpart.