Chapter 16 (Old): Bound by Infrared

"Ro-to-to-to-to..." Arven's Rotom Phone soared out of his pocket and turned on, revealing Penny.

"Penny," Arven growled. He placed his hands on his hips. A draft from the cave's entrance passed through his hair and temporarily blew away the strand he usually hid his right eye behind.

"Are you guys okay?" Penny asked.

"No, thanks to you." Arven moved off to the side and revealed Sada, who twitched on the ground. "You were supposed to fix her."

"En serio?" Penny clenched her fist. "Don't give me a hard time, Arven. I tried."

"Well, you have to try harder!" he snapped.

Behind Arven, Sada grinned and rose to her feet. "What's all the hubbub about?" she questioned, coming within reach of him. "I stood up to Infrared. Whoo-hoo!" She punched the air a few times. "Is this what someone means when they say they're happy?"

"She looks fine to me," Penny told Arven, "but to be safe, let's meet back up at her cabin tomorrow morning, and I'll take another look at her."

Sada danced in the background, but Arven held up his index finger. "You better fix her right this time!"

Penny folded her arms across her chest. "Arven, I think the only way we're going to truly fix her is if we track down her mastermind. We find him, we find Infrared. You need to try to force some answers out of her tonight. Nemona thinks she's trying to protect somebody."

Arven lost his angry face. "How is Nemona? Her Meowscarada got beat up pretty badly back there."

"She's shaken up," Penny replied, "but we think Meowscarada's going to be okay after a good night's rest. Scarlet has some Super and Hyper Potions."

"Okay." Arven took a deep breath. It would have been horrible if Nemona had to go through what he did with Mabosstiff. He closed his eyes and then opened them again. "We'll see you tomorrow, Penny." With those words, he hung up, and Rotom returned to his pocket.

Arven checked on Sada.

She stretched her arms and twirled in a few circles. "I stood up to Infrared! I stood up to Infrared!"

Arven had to admit, it was interesting seeing an AI experience joy. He cracked a small smile, but it quickly faded when he noticed something after Sada stopped dancing. "Mom, what's wrong with your hand?"

"My hand?" Sada checked her right one. "I don't see anything."

"Other hand," Arven said, pointing at her left one.

Sada finally saw what he was talking about. Three of her fingers—her thumb, index, and middle—had been Terastallized, as well as a portion of her palm. The crystals pinched her, but they didn't hurt. Still grinning, Sada observed, "Oh, that's new."

Arven reached for his head and frustratingly asked, "Mom, what is going on with you?" He hurried to her and picked up her hand. Arven turned it over and touched each of her Terastallized fingers. "Why is it this arm?"

Sada's smile vanished. She was silent for a bit so she could think of something to say. "It's just a glitch, Arven."

"You know something," he said. "I know you do. Is it why there are Future Pokémon in the past?"

"Well, how about this?" Sada pulled Arven off her. "You mind your business and I'll mind mine?"

"I'm your son!" he snapped. "You should be able to tell me what you're scared of."

Sada paused. Eventually, she turned away from Arven and faced Miraidon. "Miraidon, I think it's time to set up camp. Poor kid's exhausted."

"Hey, don't pretend you can't hear me," Arven growled.

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: InfraredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara