Chapter 28 (Old): Levincia and the Hologram Pokémon

Warm, morning sunshine washed over Arven and his friends the next day as they made their way through the East Province. They stood side-by-side and said nothing to each other. They hiked up and down the East Province's hills, with Nemona's Rotom Phone leading the way.

Penny, who walked next to Arven, glanced at him. He had not yet said anything since getting up that morning. He hadn't even eaten, and that worried his friend.

Penny hesitated, but she lifted her hand and grasped Arven's shoulder. "Arven, you need to eat."

"I'm not hungry," were the only words that left his lips. He kicked a few rocks aside and kept his head down. He refused to make eye contact with Sada. She rode on Miraidon next to Nemona.

Nemona looked up from studying Meowscarada's pokéball in her hand and gazed at Rotom. She forced a smile and lifted her arm. "Hey, guys," she said to her friends, "according to Rotom, Levincia is close. Who's up for an adventure in a futuristic city?" A city also meant that she could finally find a Pokémon Center for Meowscarada.

"I'm cool with it," Penny said. "I think we could all use a little breather."

"Me, too," Scarlet agreed. She loved Present Levincia, so she was very curious to see how Future Levincia compared to it.

"Yes!" Nemona clapped and hurried forward, followed closely by Penny, Scarlet, and Celebi.

Koraidon, Miraidon, Sada, and Arven stayed behind.

Up ahead, Penny clenched her fist and held it up to her lips. Blushing slightly, she asked, "Arven?"

He stopped walking and stood like a statue on the field. Koraidon nudged him, but Arven did not move. The guilt... It was too much.

Sada slipped off Miraidon's back, and her jelly-like legs touched the ground. She started for Arven but fell over like a dreidel.

Scarlet wanted to help her, but Penny held her arm up to her chest before she could get too far. "Remember," she whispered, "Sada has to learn to be brave."

Sada fearfully peered back at her legs and clenched her teeth. She had to fight it. She had to fight Infrared. Arven needed her.

"To be brave is something you learn over time," Sada repeated to herself. With that in mind, she got up and stopped her legs from wiggling. She started with small steps before she found her balance and switched to strides. It took effort, but she managed to make it to Arven.

Sada offered him her right hand and said, "I know I'm not your mom," in a low voice. "But I'm gonna try." She did not have too many memories of Professor Sada being a good mom, so that meant she had to experience things for herself.

Arven swallowed a new lump in his throat. "I don't want to hurt you, though."

"It's okay," Sada admitted. "What happened last night was an accident." She gave Arven a feeble smile. "Let's just start over. Deal?"

Arven studied her hand for a minute or two, and then he made up his mind. Slightly happier, he said, "Deal," and shook Sada's hand.

"There you go," Sada said. Letting go, she took Arven's shoulders and stared deep into his face. "You really do look like her. I'm sure your mom would be proud of you. I know I am."

"What are you proud of?" Arven inquired, bewildered. "I hurt you. That's nothing to be proud of."

Sada dropped her hands and cupped Arven's cheek with her left one. "What I'm proud of hasn't happened yet, but I know it will. I know because you're my son, my greatest treasure, and I just want you to be happy." She pecked Arven's forehead. "Now let's go to Levincia and try to have some fun."

Pokémon Scarlet and Violet: InfraredOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara