Chapter 27: See you soon, My Love.

The blonde refused to accept the gravity of reality-- death is evidentable, but when you lose someone you love early on in your life. It hurts. Alot. Ryujin's ending came sooner than expected, the nights flashed past, the day had come. Yeji layed in the hotel bed beside her sleeping lover. Her fingers trailed along Ryujin's naked back, tracing her spine, her shoulders, her sharp jaw. The anticipation of death is worse than death itself.

Ryujin opened her eyes to the other woman's touch, "Morning, my love.", she showed her whisker dimples. The weight on the cat eyed woman's chest became heavier but she mustered up her strength to smile back.

"Morning, Ryu.", they shared a tender kiss.

"What do you want to do today, Yeddeong?"

"I want to stay here with you.", Yeji softly replied and caresses the other's cheek.

"You know we can't do that."

"You're right, but can we stay a little longer?"

"Anything for you.", the couple laid in bed a little longer.

-

-

-

It's bittersweet, having seafood ramen together beside the ocean, laughing at the chesired memories they created together. Reminiscing the time that Ryujin devoured the bowl of noodles that Yeji made for her when they first encountered. The times they sat on the couch binge watching the Harry Potter movies that consisted of Yeji making the most horrible British Accent impression which left Ryujin rolling in laughter with tears in her eyes. Their first conversation, their first touch, their first kiss. This was quickly interrupted with a phone call from her grandfather to which the cat eyed girl promptly declines. She didn't pay any mind to that old man anymore, especially not in the final meal with Ryujin.

They spent the day visiting the numerous cafes situated on the street, ordering drinks and sweet desserts.

Filled with delicious sweets, they sat at the oceanside. The seagulls squawked, gliding through the skies, the salt in the air filled their lungs with the soft warmth the sun gave.

"Ryu~"

"Hmm?", Ryujin looked over to the girl resting on her shoulder.

"We will meet again in our next life?", Yeji closed her eyes, keeping her tears from running out. The dark haired girl caressed the blonde's cheek.

"I'll wait for you, no matter what.", She felt tears drip down the cat eyed girl's cheek. She wiped it away with her thumb. "In our next life, let's live peacefully. No problems. No pain. It'll just be us. We'll live in a beautiful house by the seaside, we'll have cats--"

"Or dogs", Yeji playfully interjected. Ryujin giggled as she moved a stray piece of hair from the other's face.

"Ok, cats and dogs.", they held each other tightly, staying in the comfortable silence-- a thousand words were spoken.

"If someone told me that I'd be trapped in a book and return a hundred years later, I would've died of a heart attack. But I never would've expected to meet the love of my life. We are lifetimes apart yet my heart belongs to you.", Ryujin smiled with tears streaming down as she stared into her lover's eyes.

"Maybe we were destined to meet in this lifetime but we were never meant to last.", Yeji feels the pain rise in her body. The couple stared out into the ocean, the waves running to shore then pulling back into the endless body of water. The sky changed of a bright hue of orange into darkness that shine with the light of the white moon.

-

-

-

The night changed faster than couple could comprehend, the millions of sparkles in the sky could never shine as bright as the twinkle in Yeji's eyes. Their fingers danced in each other's hands, distracting themselves from the inevitable. The cat eyed girl reminded herself that death ends a life, not love.