Epilogue.

The last sound she heard before everything faded to black was the loud constant beeping of the heart monitor. Her fingers were cold to the touch, numbed as her heart stopped. She slowly faded away.

A breath of air entered her lungs like a strong gust of wind. She opened her eyes, everything was dark, an endless abyss of emptiness. Her sight was immediately blinded by the glowing white light in front of her.

"What is this?", the woman asked but received no response.

Curious with the unknown brightness in front of her, she felt the urge to find out. She held her hand out with a slight hesitation. Her fingers gently moved towards the light, a slight breeze brushed past her skin. Now she was intrigued. She allowed her body to move past the barrier, taking a deep breath as she passed through.
-

-

-
Waves crashed into shore, immediately making her feel at ease. She looked down at her feet which were buried beneath the soft, warm sand. The sunlight lightly reflected off her milky skin as she held her hand above her eyes. She looked out across the beach, trying to make out where she was. In the distance, a figure sat on the sand, waving at her.

Her heart began to beat faster with every passing second. She picked up her feet and quickly made her way to the person. With every step she took, an overwhelming sense of happiness rose in her body.

The person picked themself up from the ground and brushed the sand off their shorts. They held their arms out, ready to embrace her in their arms again. The woman ran faster, her blonde hair blew in the wind as tears of joy poured from her eyes.

The woman hugged the person, tackling them to the fine sand beneath them.

"Ryujin.", the blonde cried out as she buried her face into her chest.

"Took you long enough.", Ryujin chuckled brightly as she squeezed harder. "But I'm glad you're here now."

Yeji pulled herself back slightly from the soldier, "You waited for me."

Ryujin brushed a stray hair from her wet cheek, "Of course I would, my love."

She signaled Yeji to sit up beside her and held her hand. The blonde was still in disbelief, all her life, she yearned to see her again, to hear her deep but sweet voice.

"I missed you so much.", she leaned on the other's shoulder, fingers gently dancing with each other.

Ryujin smiled with her whiskered dimples and looked at her lover, "I missed you too."

"You stayed here all these years waiting for me. You must've been so lonely here, like you were in that book.", Yeji spoke softly.

"It was lonely but knowing that I have someone who I love would soon be with me, I was willing to wait for as long as it took.", she smiled, leaning her chin on Yeji's head.

"I'm sorry I took so long.", she sniffled as she wiped her nose with her sleeve.

"You got to live, Yeji. And that's all I ever wanted for you.", Ryujin replied lovingly.

The couple stared out into the horizon as the sun set on the calm, blue ocean. After all the time they lost, they finally felt their heart beat together again. The fire that was put out abruptly was ignited with their touch.
-

-

-
Soon the sky began to lose it's colour, the dark night sky started to reveal it's beautiful and bright shimmers of stars and constellations.

A blindingly glowing door appeared beside them, the cat eyed woman stared at it in shock. But the other was unfazed.

"What is that?", Yeji asked her lover while looking at the door sparkling.

"That's the door to the next life.", Ryujin answered while smiling at her. "I was waiting for you so we can go together."

Yeji looked back at Ryujin with nothing but love in her eyes. "Are you ready?"

She nodded and stood up, holding her hand out for her. Yeji smiled and took her hand, lifting herself off the sand. They both walked towards the door.

"Promise me. Promise me that you'll find me and we'll live the life that we couldn't live in this lifetime.", Yeji said, breathing heavily.

"Yeji, you'll always be mine.", Ryujin opened the door and pulled Yeji closer to her, holding her by the waist. She leaned forward, encapsulating Yeji's lips into hers. A passionate kiss, filled with all the love they had for each other.

They pulled back from each other with tears in their eyes and stepped through the door.

They will find happiness in the next lifetime.

Note:
Hello again. I wrote this short epilogue to hopefully give you a bit of closure with this story hehe..

Thank you all for reading this story. It's my first story and the reason I started writing.

Also,, if you don't already know, I have been writing another book called "Save Me". So check it out!!

Thank you once again.
:)