15.1 // CONFRONT

Alhaitham turned off his phone as he heard the door open, slowly turning around to see who was crazy enough to go outside in the cold to talk to him. Oh, of course, it would be him.

"Alhaitham why are you outside in the cold and not inside with the rest of us? We have wine, specifically the one you like. It's also warm inside unlike out here." Kaveh had a clear glass in his hand with a dark color liquid, swirling it around in a circular motion with his fingertips around the edge. He leaned against the door frame as if he had been waiting for Alhaitham to enter.

"You're all too noisy. You've invaded the area I'm sleeping in." He said with a monotone response, returning to facing straight in the chair he was sitting in. Alhaitham listened as he heard footsteps come closer, cursing at the fact that he didn't have his headphones right now. That was one thing he had left behind in the empty and freezing house, a mistake he slipped up on telling the girl he had been texting for three weeks now.

Kaveh leaned down by Alhaitham's shoulder, the strong scent of alcohol dancing over the grey-haired male's nose. He scooted slightly to his left, but Kaveh leaned a bit more the moment he moved over. "Now you're the one being invasive. I think you're beyond tipsy now."

"Were you on your phone? You don't have a book out here." Alhaitham stiffened slightly at Kaveh's keen eye, clicking his tongue at the inspection. Without missing a beat, Alhaitham shoved his hand on Kaveh's face, pushing him back as he stood up. The blond almost dropped his glass at the sudden action, muffling words under Alhaitham's hand. After batting at his hand for what felt like an eternity, Alhaitham let go as Kaveh was gasping for air.

Anyone could tell just by looking at the two how frustrated Kaveh was as if steam was piping out the top of his head. "What the hell was that for?! I was only asking a question."

"You're too nosy. Go back to drinking away your problems." Alhaitham scoffed, glaring down at Kaveh. Kaveh held back his urge to accidentally spill his drink on Alhaitham, knowing that Alhaitham's objective here was to rile him up.

There was an awkward cough that broke the two's stare off. Looking over they saw Dehya leaning against the door frame, her arms crossed against her chest. "How long are you two going to be bickering and eyeing each other? It's cold as hell out here."

"That's what I was telling Alhaitham! Then he dared to grab my face with his hand!" Kaveh threw out a finger to point at Alhaitham who didn't bat an eye.

Dehya sighed at Kaveh's actions, mentally facepalming. At times like these she knew he was only doing what he thought was good, but to Alhaitham it was probably just an action that annoyed him. "We can continue this inside. Oh, by the way, Alhaitham..." The brown-haired girl trailed off, her eyes peering behind Alhaitham.

He turned to look behind him as if there was supposed to something be there that he didn't know about. Turning back to face Dehya, she seemed a bit ... disappointed. "Yes, Dehya?"

"Have you seen (Y/N)? Mona just went upstairs and couldn't find her. She said the bathroom is locked but when she knocked no one answered."

Alhaitham instinctively chuckled, recalling the message he had received earlier. Dehya and Kaveh both raised their eyebrows at him, not knowing what he found so funny. "Maybe she's on the roof."

"Huh?! Are you crazy?" Dehya and Kaveh both said out loud at the same time, Alhaitham crossing his arms. He found amusement at the two's confusion, watching them converse back and forth at his assumption.

"Well, apparently I'm the crazy one for being in the cold. But what if some of us enjoy the cold? Perhaps she got too hot or maybe she wanted some alone time." Alhaitham knew better not to tell Dehya where (Y/N) was for more than one reason. His main reason was the one pesky man who kept trying to get on his nerves.