019.2 // EPHEMERAL

SUN DEC XX 5:48 P.M.

"Are you sure he wasn't holding you hostage or anything?" The blond stuck his face in (Y/N)'s personal bubble. Alhaitham shot a deadly look towards the blond, who didn't seem to catch it right away.

(Y/N) looked over her shoulder to see Kaveh trying to include himself in the front seat group, a sigh leaving her lips. If he wanted the front seat, he should've said something. Not just run to the backseat like a little kid excited about getting presents.

"Kaveh, if I slam on the brakes, it isn't my fault if something in your body breaks."

"Woah, woah, woah! Another threat Haitham, are you kidding me?!"

"Oh come on Alhaitham, don't give him such a hard time." She looked over at the grey-haired male who had a death grip on the steering wheel. If there was someone able to see auras in this world, they would see the deathly ones emitting from him that were directed at Kaveh.

Since Alhaitham and (Y/N) were the only two that didn't follow the rest of the group over to Kaeya's last night, there were a lot of events they had missed. To Alhaitham, he considered it good while (Y/N) was a bit sad to miss out on some of the fun events.

Such as Kaveh trying to play poker, hence the reason he backtracked everywhere he went early in the morning for his wallet. As if Alhaitham had seen that coming, he took the blond's money out of his wallet before Kaveh came barging in the early hours of the morning for the leather object. According to Mona, Kaveh sulked in the corner for thirty minutes because he couldn't join the game with Dehya, Cyno, and Kaeya.

They had also missed out on Cyno's comedy session. He nearly had a whole hour dedicated to jokes and puns, and according to Tighnari, someone almost died during that hour.

As well as Mona and Kaveh putting a plan into motion that involved Alhaitham and (Y/N).

Hence the reason why (Y/N) was in the same car with Alhaitham. She wasn't able to get in Mona's car because Kaveh kept her behind to help look for his wallet that was in his pocket all along. He made up excuses saying he could've left it in the refrigerator, the bathroom, or maybe in the washer ((Y/N) was not happy having to dig through heavy wet clothes as the washload was not done cycling through yet).

Though Kaveh's silly little trick didn't go unnoticed by Alhaitham, but he wasn't complaining, only deciding to tease (Y/N) for helping out someone she barely knew and missing her ride.

He even said he would leave both of them behind if they kept searching for something Kaveh had in his back pocket the whole time.

Kaveh reached out to grab Alhaitham's headphones but as he tried, the car swerved a bit sharp to its right. Kaveh nearly got choked by the seatbelt while (Y/N) gave Alhaitham a crazy look. "My hand slipped. No one got hurt, did they?"

"Me! My poor neck got hurt!"

"Maybe you shouldn't have been trying to be a part of the front seat row."

She watched as the two started to spout petty little insults back and forth, unsure if saying something would help or not.

"(Y/N), I don't know what this guy has been telling you. But he is not what he seems he is."

"Don't listen to him (Y/N)."

"Aren't you the same one that made me fall on him?"

Kaveh froze in place as she turned to look back at him, the corner of his mouth twitching ever so slightly. "Yeah, that's what I thought. You don't have anything to say for yourself!"

"Look! It wasn't just me!"

"It wasn't just you?!" (Y/N) fully turned around, placing her arm on the center console to face Kaveh. Alhaitham tore his arm from the center console from the sudden touch. "Do you know how embarrassing that was?"