024.3 // BONFIRES ARENT MEANT FOR SACRIFICES

FRI DEC XX 6:48 P.M.

"Why did you invite him?"

"Well, he's a part of our friend group."

"Our friend group?"

"He isn't that bad."

Right, this is a recipe for disaster. Diluc pinched his nose in aggravation while Amber shrugged her shoulders. She didn't see what was wrong with inviting Venti over, but she didn't know the funny history between the redhead and the bard.

"It could be worse. He could be drunk and slumped over right now." A calm female voice entered the conversation, revealing her presence. The two turned to face the deep fuchsia-haired girl that always seemed to not care about anything.

"Oh, Rosaria. I didn't know you were here."

"Because I always conceal myself. What's the good of giving away your position to the enemies?"

"But there aren't any enemies, ah never mind! I heard we are going to be playing manhunt later! You should be a seeker, Rosaria!"

"I'm always the seeker." She sighed, pushing her hair out of her face. "I think I want to hide this time."

"That would quite troublesome if you did, wouldn't it?"

Rosaria shrugged her shoulders, looking over at Diluc. "It wouldn't be my problem."

Diluc chuckled at her response. "Well, Klee could find you."

"No need to get ahead of ourselves. We don't know which teams the captains are assigned to yet." Amber pitched in, trying to dawn on the conversation too much.

Diluc's eyes scanned the area, noticing a certain grey-haired male missing along with the girl he likes. Where is he? Did he decide not to come last minute?

"I am not leaving this house until you show me the photo." Brushing off some of her hair from her blue jeans, (Y/N) rolled her eyes at Alhaitham's persistent statement. Finishing tucking in the black turtleneck sweater and shoving her phone in her back pocket, she walked to the entrance.

"Quit being such a crybaby." She looked at Alhaitham from the front door, seeing the male leaning against the island counter. His outfit was more casual than his others, wearing a hooded green jacket with a white long-sleeve shirt (she assumed) underneath. His bottom half consisted of his signature black skinny jeans and combat boots. She averted her gaze from him after a few seconds, not wanting to hear a sly comment or snicker from him.

"We're going to be late at this rate."

"Don't change the topic."

"But I'm not. We can talk about this another time. It isn't important."

"It may not be important to you, but it is to me."

"That picture of you is considered a diamond in a coal mine. It is important to me."

"You're going to show me that photo." He uncrossed his arms from his chest, fixing the green sleeves that covered his arms.

"So persistent." (Y/N) made a poker face, trying to steer clear of the conversation.

She's acting like a child avoiding a doctor's appointment. "You're going to regret not showing me that photo if you keep this act up."

Standing here bickering about this will go on forever. (Y/N) faced the door. "Hm, am I now?"

(Y/N) went to turn around as she had her hand on the doorknob but froze when she felt a breeze of air kiss her face. Her eyes trailed up to see Alhaitham's forearm pressed against the door, her heartbeat skipping. Every bone in her body froze, her mind trying to assess the situation she managed to get herself into. "You know, at this rate, we're going to be–"