{ Micah 6:8 }

Chapter 12's song: Ylang Ylang by FKJ

——————
{ "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." }
——————

Present Day

"I can't keep myself away from Vincent not after all of those genial people advising me not to. Father Matthew, my mother, and primarily god. Since he placed those people to tell me that I'm in the blame." The protagonist mutters out loud, her e/c eyes peering over to the dark wooden door from time to time.

Her fragile mind wavers in between worlds of the moral and immoral. Her s/c thumbs twirling, chasing one another around in a constant cycle of tag and her other fingers intertwines with each other causing it to make a miniature barricade.

Her frolic fingers resembles the never-ending chase of her interior battle. "God is virtuous and if he is virtuous, so is his followers. I am God's warrior whether I agree on the battles he selects for me. I am a soldier." She reminds herself. Sensing her frail body becoming more rejuvenate by every second and the passing moment of the wind gently gliding through the air. Mindlessly caressing her skin with its touch, assuaging her single antsy nerves inside her figure.

She feels as if its a sign that she's on the right track that she's making a good decision for the almighty. Maybe this way she would be in full admission into the lovely, serene paradise that awaits her after her ending. However before she leaves, she simply desires to have a wonderful life.

Etching a smile onto her face once she found the conclusion to her decision. The teenager lifts her body upwards allowing her legs to dangle off her neat mattress and her back straightens out. Her ear automatically picking up the pocketed gas in between her bones being relieved by the abrupt motion in her.

Her feet subconsciously drifts over to the entrance of her room. The entrance that maintains the monstrous beast at bay.

Crrrreeaak

The thin barrier finally peeling away from the three year old seal thats been shutting Vincent out. The outside air aids with pushing the door into the teenager's personal space. Her fingers tightening around the golden knob as she completely releases her grasp on it, permitting it to glide to the side.

At that moment, a strong whiff of freshly cut flowers fragrance permeating throughout the nose of the girl. Tangling, wrapping, dancing itself with her nostril, the floral scent is foreign to her and exotic. Its nothing she's ever smelt before. Its a floral green with vegetal aquatic accents and intimation of something sweet and spicy.

Blinking herself out of the intoxicating fragrance, she coerces a grin upon her countenance. Her eyes immediately traveling up to a pair of radiating yellow eyes staring down on her. The expression in them simply wavers in sadness, joy, and attachment in their connection. "Hi..." A low Scottish tone slips from the person before her.

"Hi..." She musters, weirdly enough she has to lift her head up to maintain their vehement eye contact. After their cordial exchange, she instinctively averts her eyes on the side of her, the door and wall seems to seize the teen's attention. She shamefully wears a bittersweet expression on her features, her teeth feeling the need to nibble at something mainly her lips. Her mind's searching for anything to kill the intensity of the air around them.

The female sense her body, yearning to shut the door in the teen's face merely to escape the humiliation of being in his presence. "Ya no longer a wean anymore, lass." The Scottish voice mentions her recent growth spurt and her adolescent stage. Her eyes focusing back onto the person in front.

The person is practically a foot taller than she anticipated, their hair growing out into a short wolf cut with their signature pepper and salt hues littering their head. The majority of their hair is predominately in the causal, jet black strands. They surprisingly have curtain bangs swooping to both sides of their face. Their jawline became more chiseled with their shoulder seeming more broad than before too.

"Yeah... Same for you." The protagonist mumbles. Not endeavoring to continue the conversation. Since her thoughts are always going to be embedded with the concept of demons being malicious and sinister. Although she stuffs those thoughts down and encourage that little voice in her. To do better, be virtuous. "It's been three years and some days." She comments, perceiving a soft chuckle ahead.

He perceives some mirthfulness to that statement. Its as if he's mocking the response and irony in his predicament. To her, it was easy to ignore Vincent, to simply expunge him from out of her life. However to the demon, it was the worst three years of his life. His body would subconsciously move over to her door waiting, knocking for her to answer him.

At times he would knock when she wasn't there, although, he was well acknowledged that she was out. He somehow craved her obnoxious, cordial young self, who was always rejuvenating her energy with strenuous activities. Vincent conceal his genuine feelings that he enjoyed his part-time job and wished that he was more appreciative in the beginning.

Sighing out, the lad solemnly confesses: "Aye, those past years were egregious."

"Umm...yeah, yeah." The protagonist utters these words, not knowing what else to say. She causally take her hand onto the back of her hair as she scratch at her tidy hair.

"If I am to be completely honest to ye, I dinna ken how much longer I can endure such torment.." He once again proclaims his feeling to her which he hardly speaks of his emotions. However, if he has to advise her that he isn't the demon the bible has depicted him to be, then so be it. "Well, you can thank my mother and... god for opening my eyes to the reality of my current predicament."

His body generates a light uncontrollable shake coursing throughout him, tangling within his mors as if its admonishing him to get the hell out or to curse the young girl for mentioning such an insolent name. Instantly, she notices the uncomfortable hum that was produced and his head pivoting to the side of him. "Oh. I...Sorry." She apologize.

"You shouldna apologize for yer own religion." He advise her. His arms intersecting with each other and his body leans up on the doorframe. Getting closer to the 12 year old girl who simply steps backward from the sudden closeness. Immediately, the decorous boy lifts himself away, resulting into him clearing his throat. "Umm...well I would like to show ye something?" He inquires.

"And what's so simulating about this discovery?" She comments. The female could sense herself bubbling in fervent of the thought of her going on an adventure with her long-time babysit. Who, she also secretly missed too...

A smile appears on her face as this simply encourages Vincent to produce a smile of his own. Although its a tiny grin its still noticeable to the female. "Ye get to ken all about me and ma family. Also more about yourself too, perhaps." He informs her.

'Learn more about myself.' The female ponders.