{ Psalm 34:18 }

Chapter 30's song: Nocturne No. III by Yanson

——————
{ "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He saves those whose spirits are crushed." }
——————

The demon outside the very room of a person to reveal all the truth he requires. His soft eyes contemplating on the dark mahogany entrance, her right hand balled up, hovering over the wooden door. His mind's battling between whether to disturb the lady late at this hour. Regardless of the bickering transpiring within him. A light authoritative voice is perceived on the other side of the seal. "I know it's you, Vincent. Come in."

Expectedly, she would sense his presence out there. His hand's placed onto the golden doorknob, the uncertainty raking up through his body. Push opens the door before ambling into the same room as the woman. Her body is settled into the middle of the room, on the right side of the bed. Her legs intersect with one another while her hands are placed on both knees, facing upwards to the ceiling.

Her head is tilted slightly up as her breathing is leisurely, permitting the inhaled air to flow lightly through her form. "What is troubling you this late at night?" She utters out, persisting in her serene state. The constant ghostly voices tickle her ears with rumors and nonsense about their afterlife plus the overwhelming responses to be weary of the demon. Although they've advised from the beginning of their journey she purely brushes it off.

"Ma father and mother are gone... This whole estate will be desolate, yer daughter and ye will move away from meta simply save yer arses from a grievous demon. Why?" Vincent inquires.

"My daughter informed you about our resignation from the Callaway's manor," M/n confirms, her head gradually rotating to Vincent's direction, opening her eyes to notice the looming darkness surrounding him.

"Why are ye doin' this? Why are ye suddenly leavin? I have recently lost ma parents and I'm goin ta be losing ma closest companion. Whit is the cause of this?"

"Your family was lovely and kind to me, however, we have to move to make income. I wouldn't do this to spite you or your kind." M/n tells him.

"I am the Duke of Callaway I can provide ye all of the riches ye require. I can provide ye shelter, a bed. A house. Tell me whit ye desperately need and ye shall have it. Please tell me so I can make all yer worries go away. You and yer daughter can continue ta stay underneath the same roof."

"Thank you but no, Vincent. I feel as if I would be indebted to you and I refuse to be that woman." She denies it, moving her head from side to side. Her hand is up in the air in a swaying motion to dismiss his generosity.

"Ye dinna have ta repay me anything. Yer family's presence is all of the payments I require. I'm a simple demon I do not desire the greediest of thin'—"

"I know you don't want me. You just want my daughter, isn't that right?" M/n announces, her eyes gazing upon Vincent's slightly indifferent face. "Vincent, you don't honestly care for me, not the way you care for her? You are simply infatuated with her and you don't enjoy the fact she is abandoning you for somewhere else. A new experience. A fresh start from—"

"All of the demons. The depravity. I get whit I am is not ideal. I have been nothin' but the complete opposite of whit ye assume is a demon. I have not put ye or yer daughter in any danger. Three years, I've waited patiently ta return into Y/n's life instead of forcin' her ta allow me back. I am nothing whit you presume I am." Vincent informs her. His hands balls into two firm fists holding himself back from lashing out over the fact the woman of his friend is causing division in their current relationship.

Her tone in demeanor shifts suddenly as her eyes focus upon the weary, desperate depths of the demon across her.

"I saw you kiss Y/n in the carriage. Vincent, I know you aren't malicious, you are virtuous just like your family. However, I'm also a parent and I'm a Christian at heart. My primary priority is to protect my child from selecting certain people. You're splendid, however I can't permit my daughter to fall for you. Your bloodline is tainted around the banishment of the paradise all humans strive to be in. Her father is there. I will be there and I'm making ascertain she, too is there with us."