Thirty-two

The Weeknd ft

The Weeknd ft. Gesafelstein - Lost In The Fire.

~

MY PAPA USED TO TELL ME that impulsive actions made a man.

Impulsive actions make you a man, Davian. Don't overthink it. Do it.

I didn't understand it at that time and whenever I asked him to explain, he always told me that I'd understand once I became a man.

You stupid bitch! Slut!

Those words haven't left my head since Gilbert uttered them. I haven't even forgotten mama's either. Gilbert wasn't my mama though, so I shut him the fuck up after five brief seconds of checking to see if his insults would stop itching my testosterone. They didn't. They were persistent like a god-damn rash.

Punching him once didn't cure the rash, but I didn't want to break any of his bones, so I thought myself out of it. Just before I fired Campbell because of the same reason - he talked smack about my secretary.

Under some circumstances, a CEO can't just do away with a board member, but this isn't some circumstances; it's my company and I'm richer than all of them put together, so I can do whatever the fuck I want. Even if it's all for one silly woman.

I guess one could say I overreacted. But fuck that, I'd do it again and again if I have to.

Impulsive actions.

I didn't think, I just did. That's what makes a man. I believe my papa now.

People fear men because they're the most likely to act on impulse. Once we say something, we're going to do it because we said we'd do it. We don't think about the consequences or repercussions. All that goes through our heads is how weak people would see us if we don't carry out our promises slash threats.

That's what makes a man. That's what makes people fear men.

What I don't understand is why I did it for her. I've been a jerk to her, and I've called her even worse names than 'slut.' But that's me, for fuck's sake. Only I have the right to do that to her; no one else. She didn't wrong them, she wronged me.

Nobody calls her names except me. Nobody pisses her off except me. Nobody touches her except me. Nobody fucking makes her cry except me.

Nobody punches assholes and fires perverts for her except me.

If whatever happened at my office happened few weeks ago, I wouldn't have given a fuck. I know I wouldn't. But recently, I've been feeling...something for this girl. I want to touch her, yes. I want to see her on my bed screaming my name as I fuck some manners into her, yes. But it's a bit more than that. I want to see her...comfortable.