Drip

🔊

  At first, I thought it was a dream, so I tried to wake up from it.

  But it was true.

  I was laying down on the cold stone. Still, without light, there was something that constantly dripped behind me. Water?

  I sat up in blackness.

I crawled over to the sound and in two stretches I reached the source

  On my way, I could feel that my cast was returned to my leg and the fracture was throbbing again. It was healing properly now.

  I felt around my new area.

  A small cell, like a stone box. One of the box's sides had bars. Infused with nen of course. The same as with the shackles in the last room.

  With a cloth around my waist and breast, I sat in the middle of the tiny cell in the direction of the bars.

  Three ticks in my jaw.

  Light.

  I crawled over to the bars and sat there watching him enter...

  The days continued like before. Questions with dry, slow answers so that I could admire him longer. Letting the image of him marinate in my eyes so it would be accurate in my brain for fantasies.

  My leg was healed now, and we were up to ten minutes in between each question. I hadn't noticed how spaced out our responses were until I had to think for a moment.

  As days went on the questions slowly became more... personal. They seem to be just business but sometimes I question if he's interested in me... Or at least something about me.

  The thought made me flutter a bit.

  He would ask more every day now.

  "Who do you know?"

  "Where did you live?"

  "Is anyone looking for you?" I assumed by this he meant anyone besides other assassins and law enforcement.

  "How old are you?"

  To all, I answered truthfully. Now I thought to ask a question. Something I've never tried before.

  What's the worse that could happen?

  "God,"

  "You're religious." He stated.

  What?

  Oh.

  Haha.

  "I'm not religious." I corrected. "That's what I call you in my head...mmm most of the time," I winked at him.

  "Oh,"

  "I want to ask a question." I tried.

  "Okay,"