Two

🔊

"What was my show for if you weren't going to enjoy it?"

He was silent. UGH!

"Fine. I'll write them down. Let's find a hotel." I urged.

"No," he answered.

"This is part of the first one," if only sex was included.

He hesitated. He began to walk.

I followed along. I stared at him endlessly as he paid me no mind on our stroll. I clasped his hand and pushed my breasts onto him, hoping my nipples would get some stimulation.

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome," he answered like an automatic response.

"Were you jealous at least?" I mumbled, kind of hoping he wouldn't answer. I didn't want to hear the "no," but I braced for it.

He stopped.

If I hadn't the skill and instinct to pause just as fast I probably would've stumbled forward.

"What is it?"

"Jealous?" He questioned blankly.

"Yeah?" I smiled, too hopefully.

"Which one is that again?" He wondered as if he weren't truly asking, as if he were trying to remember.

"It's an annoying feeling. Seeing someone have something you want..." I tried. I looked in his eyes at my own irony.

I saw nothing in them. I wonder if his head were empty too. Unplagued by horrific memories. Influenced by a strong family. "But you're an assassin," I sighed.

That was our only common ground.

"Does that imply that I cannot get jealous?"

"What? Oh, no, no I was thinking about something else-um about jealousy. Did that make sense? What I said?"

"Yes," he looked at me.

"Well?" I asked, winking at him. It was more of a nervous reaction. It's hard to rest when he looks me on directly like that. That's what I love. How stressfully empty they are.

You could imagine looking into a black hole where everything, even light is vanquished within. To truly see... nothing. It made me anxious as much as it soothed, knowing, or at least hoping that it would someday consume me.

We began to walk again while I was lost in thought, forgetting whose turn it was to speak.

The Son of Him Hotel was beautiful with gothic architecture. High ceilings and silver accessories. Almost like a modernized castle.

My body never swayed too far from his. We checked in and quickly settled into the room.

I turned to address sleeping arrangements but he was prepared with a pen and paper.

"Write down the-"

"Yeah, yeah I got it." I huffed.

I welcomed myself to his lap on the bed. I infused the paper and pen with nen so that I didn't need a clipboard or surface.

"These are all very close," he grabbed the paper as I melted away the nen. Five locations.

"I'll give you the locations closest to furthest." I shrugged.

"Let's go,"

"Of course," I chuckled. He lifted me from his lap and stood for the door.

I unzipped my dress.

Don't worry. I'm just changing into something more comfortable you scoundrel.

A few of the places were outdated so only two of them were a fight when we arrived. It had been more than five years since I ran away, I was just using the knowledge I had.

A few bloodless battles, because he and I were clean assassins (I was much cleaner than him, much cleaner than most). A day had passed for our journey and we came back to the hotel.