Fantasy

Light.

  He sat in front of me on the cold stone of the ground with my food tray.

  I remember asking his name.

  I remember him being interested but conflicted.

  I remember him staring at me in question.

  'What emotion is that?' I imagined he wondered, considering how lifeless his eyes always were.

  I

  L

  L

  U

  M

  I

  He spelled it out for me.

  Drip

  Drip

  Drip

  They say that before you die, your life flashes before your eyes.

  I've always dreaded that theory.

  He pointed at me. This was it.

I
      went
    into
         shock.

  And within the accepting of my death, I closed my eyes.

  I didn't want to watch the collage of my past. I didn't want to relive it.

  As his fingers pierced through my chest to grab my foolish heart, my life flashed forward. And I saw him let me free from this cage.

  As if I were the only source of information he could've found for the A.A.A.

He doesn't even need me.

The proof is his hand slicing through the veins and arteries attached to my heart, preparing to rip it out.

  Nonetheless... the flash was beautiful.

  We made a game of our search of the A.A.A. We slept together every night. We showered together. We moved together even in battle. I had gotten my revenge on those damned people and made love in their bed as they lie lifeless from a painful death. And in the end we admitted our love for each other and promised forever.

Silly me.

   I was just fantasizing again;
  The only thing I could do in this silent cage.

  Illumi was no traitor and would never set me free.

  He has no needle in his skull holding in all the things that would make him weak for my benefit.

  He would never love me, and if he had he would never say it aloud.

  But I loved this fantasy, this flash. It showed me that my life could've been handled. My life could've continued.

  Each day of the fantasy happened in a second. My brain making them as real as this, his hand ripping out my chest.

  My heart would ache if it were still in my body, but it was thrown on my food tray as my last few seconds of life escaped me.

  I guess I got what I always wanted.

  The man of the hour walked away into the infamous light, his hair flowing angelically behind him as he left me... alone.

  My Death, at last.

Drip

Drip

Drip

End.