Chapter 19 - The Trio

So someone asked for a drawing of Xed but I forgot to show you guys a couple chapters ago lol.

I'll try to get around to doing one of Yama in the next chapters.

———————————————————————————

"You couldn't... get her?"

    Xed kept his wide grey eyes on the floor while he leaned against a wall with his arms folded. Zankora was in the room behind him in the middle of her cleansing. She was not to be looked at during these moments but he couldn't contain his excitement to tell his mother about (Y/N).

"She was AMAZING, Mother!" He exclaimed. "I think she's getting the hang of her abilities. She almost had me but not quite!"

"And she's still loose..." Came the whispery leader's voice. "I want her...back."

"I know, Mother." Xed hummed. "But if she's anything like Zankoku was, getting her back won't be easy."

    Then Xed began to growl to himself. "Especially with that blond guy around her."

"Who?" A blond guy? The girl is with somebody?

"Some know it all smart ass. We think he's protecting her." Xed sneered. "Tried separating them but that didn't work. She's been traveling with him not sure how long. Probably giving her the wrong impression about us."

"Then kill him." Zankora ordered. "I only want her."

"I will, Mother." Xed began to smile at the thought of killing that guy. Especially after he threw an entire tractor at him. That was a dirty move. He deserves to be punished for that.

      But he deserves to be even more punished for taking up so much of (Y/N)'s time. She's not meant to be around lowly jerks like that blondie. He probably doesn't treat her like the royalty she is.

      Besides, she was Xed's best friend, not his.

"Leave me..." Zankora whispered. "I must rest..."

      Xed moved himself off the wall, he was finished here anyway. "Rest well, Mother. I promise to bring the girl here on a silver platter for you."

"Good..."

     Xed left the leader to her lonesome. He was only going to be home for only a day. He needed a new team after blondie desecrated his old one.

      He entered into a large room with a glass ceiling high up that allowed the moonlight to shine down onto the space. There were his fellow siblings who weren't on field duty relaxing about until they had to get back to work.

     Xed's gloved hand reached into his pockets and wrapped his fingers around a familiar piece of cloth filled with his favorite scent ever.

     Two of the demons watched the guy walk in and pulled the piece of cloth from his pocket to his nose and inhale it as if he depended on it to live. They both gave him a weird look as his famous wide smile broke across and face and soon he was falling to his knees with the piece of fabric held tightly to his chest.

      Both demons looked at each other before going over to their brother.

"Xed? What are you doing?" Came a feminine voice.

       He looked up and met his sister's orange eyes. She was a pretty short demon but made up for it with speed and her ridiculously long tail that was also ridiculously strong she kept twirled around her entire leg. She had dark skin with even darker freckles littering her face and shoulders while her short coily hair looked recently chopped. Must've gotten too long for her liking.