Chapter 37 - The Sewers

"Why don't we just throw it in the cage already?" Torres questioned the Head Keeper.

      But (O/N) denied it. "That's not our immediate resort."

"Mrs. Killwater, they robbed our people." Torres protested. "For all we know they could be just as violent as the Elitists."

"But they're not Elitists." (O/N) stated before she walked past the Head Keeper in training and over to the demon that was caught and bonded up.

      Torres groaned and followed after, not seeing B death glare at her the whole time. She was with (Y/N) at the truck as she was assigned to look after her. They both watched her mother work her charm of speaking calmly to the demon and asking questions rather than giving threats like her husband was. If anybody can get information out of a demon without resorting to her abilities, it was her.

     B turned to (Y/N) who looked a bit shaken up. "They didn't see you and Yama in the truck?"

      The demon girl shook her head. "I don't think they did. They siphoned the gas so quickly."

"One of them had to be a manipulator. And all those portals that took them away, there had to have been a spectral too." B muttered. "They got us good, I admit."

"You're going after them, right?" (Y/N) asked.

      Her friend nodded. "If my mom is going down there then so am I. You wanna come with? Or do you wanna be stuck with-"

      B gestured over to Yama who was at the sewer gate with other Capturers and managed to get the lid open with his abilities.

      Didn't really feel like he wanted her around anyway. Dejected, she nodded. "I'll go with you..."

      B could tell the constant distancing and pushing away the doctor has been doing to her friend was leading her back to that state (Y/N) was in before Yama even showed up. Where she barely smiled and constantly looked gloomy.

      One of these days, B was going to tell that jerk off for making her friend feel this way.

      As (O/N) was able to get some information out of the captured demon without using her abilities, she made her own deal with him. She'll confirm him and his group as long as they gave their gas back. Not being in the position for much negotiating, he accepted.

      With that, they were off to the sewers.

      Axel, Torres, and a few other Capturers stayed behind to guard the trucks. Yama did wanted to stay behind too but once he noticed (Y/N) was going with (O/N)'s daughter, he didn't feel right letting her go down there without him. No matter how much he wanted to keep his distance.

      B groaned when her boots hit muddy trash-filled water. "I hope this isn't shit."

      (Y/N) couldn't help her small chuckle. "I don't think plumbing works up here anymore."

"Well, it smells like shit." B continued to groan.

"Honey."

      Both girls turned to see (O/N) walking alongside them. She had an off expression as she looked around. "What did you see when you read his mind?"

"Um." B thought. "The sewers for one, and a few others. They're all huddled up down here."

"Did anyone stand out?" The mother asked once again.

     But her daughter shook her head. "They all wore the same cloaks that one has on. I couldn't really see them."

"Thanks, honey." The older woman concluded before moving to catch up with her husband and the other Capturers. Both girls watched her questioningly. So did Yama at the back of the group. He had a strange feeling about this.