Chapter 30 - The Ambush

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

      The asylum. It's the asylum.

      (O/N) kept her word that (Y/N) would see nothing. That reading her memory will only last for a few seconds.

       She had listened to the Head Keeper's instructions and looked into her yellow eyes. They glowed which did intimidate the demon but after only 3 seconds, the glow simmered down and soon (O/N) had a horrified look on her face. Not wasting a second, she went to go give the information to her husband. Seeing that concrete room, the caved-in floors above, the crowd of demons surrounding her. She recognized it as the asylum. And she knew exactly where it was.

       Because of how valuable (Y/N) was to the Elitists, it was now a top priority to keep her from getting into their grasp.

      Rules were even made.

      1. Someone must be watching her at all times.

      2. She couldn't leave the Zone without people going with her.

      And lastly, 3. Keep her far away from any Elitists.

      It did sound like they weren't going to let her leave now but it was more so to keep her from getting caught. From what (O/N) saw, it shook her. And now the need to keep the demon from falling back into the Elitists' hands was ever the greater.

      So here she was, inside one of the carriers sitting in the open cage that she was put in at first with her legs resting against one glass wall and leaning back into the other.

      They didn't put her there, she chose to sit in the cage. It was the only place that didn't have humans watching her.

      The shake of the vehicle as it moved and the growing heartache of knowing that she was getting further and further away from the small town, it hurt.

      She missed Yama so much and it hurt knowing she was choosing to stop the Elitists over finding him.

      She made a promise to herself that she will find him. After everything is over, she'll return to the small town. Make her way to the boating shop, crossed through the secret passage, and reunite with him at his home.

      The thought of seeing him again gave her hope that she will be successful in finding him. To see his face again and to hear him call her annoying while she teased him back. Being close to him and sharing more moments together. Moments like when he kissed her hand and she kissed his cheek, when he wiped away her tears and reassured her that he was fine, more moments like those that she never expected to experience. Especially with a demon who wanted nothing to do with her at first. But he gave his all to keep her safe, even if it meant breaking the two apart.

       If anything, she hoped he was safe. Even if he did get away from the Elitists and decided to leave her, she hoped he was safe.

      He didn't want anything to do with her at first. Any person in their right mind wouldn't get involved with someone so deep in trouble.

      She couldn't blame him if he decided to save his own skin despite how much the thought pained her. But it didn't seem like him at all.

     He wouldn't leave her and she wasn't going to leave him. This wasn't goodbye.

      But it still hurt all the same.

"Hey."

       (Y/N) looked up and met the white eyes of the demon known as Vam. She came and sat next to her outside of the cage and leaned back against the wall. "You look like you have a lot on your mind."