Chapter 35 - The Training

Yama's spot for training happened to be on the other side of the overpass. Far enough where they won't disturb camp but close enough to where the Zone can still see them.

     At least that's what Jules said when Yama talked to him. They still wanted to keep an eye on (Y/N) so having her go somewhere out of sight wasn't an option.

     There were two dumpsters pressed up against the concrete wall of the overpass with centuries-old junk overflowing them. Larger pieces of trash practically buried the two dumpsters. There were puddles of water that (Y/N) stepped around and a flyer she found advertising some burger shop.

     She read it curiously while Yama double-checked the area. They should be fine here. If any trouble did come up, the Capturers were close enough to help.

     His eyes fell onto (Y/N)'s form for a second but never her eyes before turning away again. His hand moved and she felt a force hit her arm that made her almost fall to her feet. She looked up at him in surprise.

"Always be on your guard. Never get distracted." He lectured, making her realize that her training had started and she was already messing up.

      Dog wasn't here yet, she thought her training will start once he was here. "But what about-"

      Her arms were pulled behind her back and locked together, making her yelp. Another force was shoved into the back of her knees and she fell to the ground with an 'oof'.

"Figure out how to get out of this." Yama instructed while she looked at him unbelievably.

      Her arms were locked behind her back and she could feel the same being done to her feet. "This is the training?!"

      Yama paced around her, keeping his hold on her limbs. "Before you start fighting, learn to get out of predicaments first. In this case, you were distracted and got the jump on you. Now you're tied up and need to figure out how to escape."

       She rolled onto her back and glared up at him. "You should've told me that's what we were doing!"

"Wouldn't be as effective." He simply answered, taking another puff of his cigarette, and continued his pacing around. He looked at the roads outside of the overpass and some of the buildings while (Y/N) struggled to break herself free.

      He wasn't gripping her arms and ankles tightly but enough to where she couldn't pull them free.

      She ended up on her stomach this time and looked toward the doctor. She focused her sights on him and soon a trail of blood was produced from her neck. It slithered its way toward Yama's feet while she pretended to continue struggling. He wasn't looking at her but she can use that to her advantage.

      Just as her blood almost reached the bottom of his boot, the doctor quickly sidestepped the striking trail and flicked his hand again.

     (Y/N) gasped as her feet were dragged up into the air and she was now hanging upside down. Her milky (e/c) eyes were wide as she stared at the concrete ground below her then at an upside-down Yama.

"You got caught trying to escape and now you're in an even worse bind. Try to escape now." He stated.

"This isn't fair!"

"Nothing's fair."

"I thought you were going to teach me how to fight!" She exclaimed. "This isn't fighting."

      The doctor rolled his eyes. "As I said, learn to get out of predicaments first. Then fight later."

      She grumbled to herself before maneuvering to see her back. She tried pulling her wrists again but it was no use. The trail of blood she had created retreated back into her body. That way wasn't going to work now...