Chapter 64 - The Puppet

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

"The last... loyal... member I had."

"DON'T YOU LEAVE ME!" A scream shouted through the cold winter air and choked back their sobs. The chilly wind blew and left shivers traveling up their spines. Pale white hands gripped the snow below as tears landed into the snow and became one with the cold.

       They watched in pain and betrayal as a tall figure walked away from them, heading for the treeline of the clearing that would soon separate them from each other. The figure's hands were clenched tightly into fists as they were forcing themselves to just walk away. To leave the death, destruction, and violence all behind. Years of abuse at the hands of the King, years of watching someone they love fall deeper into their obsession and madness, and years of not being able to stand up for themself.

        Those years of pain have finally come to an end. The King was dead.

        And so was the connection to her sister.

"DOLORES!" Peach screamed as she choked back her sobs. "DON'T LEAVE ME!"

         But the demon known as Dolores kept going, her fists clenched as she forced herself forward and refused to turn back. Peach was just too far gone to save...

         The crazed demon watched her go helplessly as she gripped the snow tighter and screamed out her pain. This wasn't what was supposed to happen. They were supposed to be together. A team. All three of them till the end of their days. Her, Bis, and Dolores.

        But Bis left and didn't even say goodbye. No sign of where they were going or when they even left. How could they leave her after all they've been through? Their childhoods as humans before they were given the gift of becoming demons. It was what they all wanted and cherished. But Bis was gone and she couldn't stop them from leaving.

        What made her pain worse was the death of the King. Those humans slaughtered him like the savages they were and took her only idol ever away from her. What was going to happen to his kingdom now? The hold that was placed on her heart had crumpled up and forced its way out of her mouth once the King had stopped breathing and it felt like a missing piece to her soul was now gone.

         But the ultimate betrayal, the most pain she has ever felt, was being caused by the demon she caused by her sister.

         First Bis left her, then the King, and now Dolores...

         Her figure disappeared behind the trees and never once looked back. She was throwing everything they had away. She was leaving Peach all alone...

"You're... the last one..." Came the slow and raspy voice of Bodhi who approached the crying demon. "The others... are dead... or traitors..."

         Peach's hair covered her face as she sobbed and shook. She felt Bodhi's hand rest on her shoulder, a hand that was even colder than the snow around them.

"But you... you stayed... loyal... to the King..." Bodhi spoke.

"They killed him..." Peach cried as anger washed over her. She was there when it happened. Watching from the trees as the two Zones opened fire on the King with bullets that tore him to shreds. She wanted to save him. To teleport him away and save him but she was too late. That human woman got to live. That mutt got to live. Even the doctor got to live.

         But not Zankoku. He was just left to die.

         She swiped her claws at the snow and let out a snarl. "THOSE HUMANS KILLED HIM!"