Chapter 23 - The Alone

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

     (Y/N) pushed herself through a door and slammed it shut once she was inside.

     Her head was getting worse, she was stumbling everywhere and was barely able to see where she was going.

     Her fingers felt where she likely had a gash on her head and felt the blood that seeped out. The knife was still in her shoulder and kept the wound from further losing blood but it made her completely unable to move her arm.

     She slid down the door to the ground and threw her head back to try and catch her breath.

     It was happening again. Just like before, she was all alone, exhausted, injured, and running away from the Elitists.

     All she could think about was Yama. If he was ok and managed to get away too. She didn't want to think about any other outcome besides that.

     He said he'll catch up and he will. He has to.

     What was she going to do now? Keep running forever again until he shows up? She still has to deal with the literal knife in her shoulder and her splitting head that felt like a hammer hitting her skull. She couldn't stay here. In whatever this place was. The Elitists could be on her tail.

      The girl grunted as she grabbed onto a side table next to the door and carefully pulled herself to her feet. Even the slow movement made her head spin, she had to take a few seconds to regain herself.

     Her eyes moved around the room she was in. It was a small storage room. Crates and furniture with cloth thrown over them. There were also some mannequins tucked away into the corner and statues of religious figures lined a wall.

      The darkness of the room made her unnerved, she could easily mistake the mannequins and figures for people.

      Stumbling out of the room, she entered into a short hallway and found a bathroom that she immediately rushed into. Her eyes landed on a first aid kit on the wall but when she forced it open she saw the empty inside of it.

'Of course it was empty. It's been over 300 years.' She thought and left the bathroom with disappointment.

      Yama carried all of the necessary supplies in his bag. He would be patching her up right about now if he were here...

     Back at the fight, she dropped her own gun and rifle during the altercation. The gun was her one means of defense after her abilities and she felt so naked without it. The weapon really grew on her.

     Her vision started to blur again as she walked and she felt herself go lightheaded when she reached a grand room. She caught herself from falling onto a bench and knew that if she keeps on like this her injuries were just going to get worse. The knife in her shoulder has since stopped bleeding but it needs to be treated. She can't walk around like this.

     After she regained her composure, she realized she was inside of a church when her eyes laid on a giant religious statue behind a stage. Rows of benches covered the rest of the room and as her eyes panned over the place she discovered an emergency door with an exit sign on top. She groaned and pushed herself to the door.

      The door slowly creaked open enough to allow the girl to look around first.

      It was another alley with a view of the street just up ahead. She went out some more and glanced behind her. The coast was clear.

      Maybe her plan would be to work her way back to Yama's beach without being discovered. She'll be able to help herself if Yama doesn't find her and at least she'll be somewhere that's safe and that he knows.