Chapter 51 - The Release

"Keep it steady and focus." Yama instructed as he watched (Y/N) hover a sharpened point of her blood over the lock in her cuffs. "Too much force can break it."

"Ok..." She muttered as she followed his instruction. She inserted her blood into the keyhole on her cuffs.

      They were still trying to break from their binds. Yama managed to release the rusty old lock keeping the chains secured around his neck but the lock at his wrist was too stubborn.

      He was slowly healing too. Most of his smaller injuries were gone but his right hand was still having trouble. He could barely move his fingers or feel anything with it. He may never be able to use it again since Indi practically lacerated it with her knife.

       As Yama continued to teach her how to pick a lock in hopes she can free herself from her cuffs, he began to sense something coming and immediately told her to stop. They both moved back from their bars. (Y/N) recalled her blood black into her body while Yama used his ability to reposition the locks and chain end back against the wall like before.

       They waited as footsteps approached. (Y/N) held her breath and stared worriedly at her partner. What if it's Xed and he discovers the progress that they made?

        He gave her a look to stay calm and quiet. No one will know as long as they keep up the act.

        But instead of Xed approaching, it was a random Elitist. They walked into the hall between the two and stopped as they turned to look at (Y/N) first.

        She took a step back as she felt their eyes on her but the hood on their robe concealed much of the view of their eyes. Yama observed the Elitist. He can sense them but it was different... They didn't feel like a demon.

         The Elitists moved over to the bar door of (Y/N)'s cell and was going to speak until a different voice stopped them.

"What are you doing?"

       The Elitist and (Y/N) both turned to see Xed approaching and carrying a large rope with a hook on his shoulders. He watched the Elitist step back from the cell and keep their head low as he approached.

"I heard noises." The Elitist muttered, a low feminine voice coming from them.

"What noises?" Xed stopped just ahead of them and leaned down to be eye level with them.

"Chains." The Elitist said. "I thought I heard the prisoners messing with their binds."

        Xed observed the Elitist closely, his wide eyes baring into them before he turned to look at (Y/N) first. "Is this true, my sweet? Are you being a bad girl in there?"

        (Y/N) gritted her teeth as she held up her wrists, showing that she was still cuffed. This made him smile wider as he then turned to the doctor who glared at him. "And how about you, my friend? Are you being a good little victim in there or do I need to come in?"

"See what happens if you do." Yama growled as he kept his left hand hidden which was currently keeping his binds as the way they were before.

"Well lucky for you, I was going to anyway." Xed grinned as he pulled out his keys to open his cell.

       The Elitist present went to stand back and kept their eyes on the keys. (Y/N) moved closer to the bars and noticed the large rope and hook Xed carried. It had old dried-up blood staining it and looked like it was going to snap if it wasn't for the many knots keeping the rope still intact. But why was he carrying that? What did he need it for? So (Y/N) questioned him. "What are you doing with that..?"