Chapter Nineteen

I woke up to the sound of knocking on my room's door. Groggily sitting up, I wiped the sleep away from my eyes. Light was pouring in from the window, leaving my eyes squinting slightly.

"Who is it?"

"Cameron. Can I come in?"

"Oh, sure."

I sat up, pulling on my arms to stretch them. Cameron entered the room, closing the door behind him. He seemed to be wearing some casual clothes; just some sweatpants and a hoodie. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

"You remember me mentioning going to buy some school supplies, right? I could have someone do the shopping for you, but I figured you might want a say in what you get."

I nodded softly, yawning before responding.

"I appreciate the consideration. Yeah, I suppose I'd like to pick out my stuff. You and Damien already have your supplies, right?"

"Yeah. Damien already left; he said he was going to the gym to work out; something about there being a special deal or whatever..."

"Ah, alright."

I'll admit I was a bit disappointed to hear that Damien had already left. I was hoping to help the two brothers make up from yesterday's argument; I suppose I'll just have to do that later.

"Do you want anything in particular for breakfast? Breakfast is usually made to order."

"Uh... I can't really say I have anything in particular I'm wanting to eat. Maybe some (breakfast)?"

Cameron nodded.

"Okay. I'll go let the chef know of your request. It should be ready by the time you finish getting ready."

Cameron then left the room, making sure to close the door behind him. Climbing out of bed, I grabbed some clothes before heading to the bathroom attached to the bedroom. Might as well get a quick shower in while I have the chance.

The shower was probably as large as my bathroom in the old house, giving me much more room than I was used to. Even so, it didn't take long to get used to it. Various soaps and shampoos were already there for me to use; the quality of the brand being higher quality than I'm used to. Although at this point, I can't say that it's a surprise to see this level of quality.

After my shower I got dressed and made sure to dry my hair. It was (easy/difficult) given my (short/long) hair. Exiting the bathroom, I grabbed my phone before leaving my room.

It didn't take long for me to get to the dining room, where the chef was placing the food on the table. It was a chef I didn't recognize; I guess Michael doesn't work for every meal.

Sitting down, I indulged in my meal. Unsurprisingly, it was amazing as always. I find myself finding every meal to be wonderful, but I suppose that's what'll happen when you go from 'regular' food to high-class food.

Partway into eating my food, Cameron entered the dining room. He found a seat near me at the table. He pulled out his phone and focused on whatever was being displayed on his phone. Figuring he was just waiting for me to finish, I continued to eat my food.

It wasn't too long before I had finished my food, and as I had pushed the plate away Cameron put away his phone. Moments later a chef came to take my dishes away; there certainly are nice perks to being rich...

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, are you? Did you already have breakfast?"

"I did. I'll go start the car; follow me out whenever you're ready. If you need help a maid can escort you to the garage."