Chapter One

Ah, summer! How I love you so. Too bad I only have three weeks left of you. Guess I better make the most of it.

As I sat up from my bed, I heard someone knock on my bedroom door.

"(y/n), you awake?" I heard dad's voice call.

"Yeah. Come on in." I replied.

The door to my room then opened, and in came my dad.

"(y/n), can we talk for a moment?" Dad questioned.

Uh-oh. What'd I do now?

"Sure." I answered.

Dad then sat on my bed.

"I'm not sure how to bring this up, so I'm just going to flat-out tell you."

"Tell me what?" I inquired.

"I'm getting remarried." Dad said, voice barely above a whisper.

I froze.

"We're going to go to a resort for a week to meet her and her two sons before we move in with them." Dad explained.

I still didn't respond.

"We leave tomorrow morning, so make sure you're packed. I got to get to work now. Breakfast's on the counter. Love you." Dad said, before patting my shoulder, and leaving me room.

I can't believe it.

My dad betrayed me.

How is it that I'm just now learning of this new wife? Why didn't he ever tell me that he was getting remarried until right before we move in?!

My dad has always told me everything.

Everything!

What's changed?

Sigh.

Might as well get packed and such. But just because I'm going doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it. It also doesn't mean that I'm going to be nice to the new wife and her sons.

I don't care if this new lady's a perfect goddess. My dad betrayed me, so he won't get any special treatment from me.

... Mom... If you're hearing my thoughts... Are you mad at dad? At me? What would you do in my situation?

As I was looking in my closet, I found a box of notebooks that my mother had given to me. She had told me to always write down how I'm feeling, saying that it would help. I had tried a few times, but I was never consistent about it.

I pulled out one of them, and opened it, to find a note written from my mother.

... How did I not see this earlier...?

To my sweet daughter,

No matter what, things will be alright. I know you'd rather have me spend your birthday money on something other than notebooks, but trust me when I say that these will help you in times of need. You'll see.

Sent with love,

Mom.

My eyes began to tear up as I read through my mom's note to me.

Wiping the tears away, I thought about my previous thought on my dad's new wife.

I shouldn't judge my father. I'm sure he had good reasoning for keeping all of this from me.

I should try to keep a positive attitude about this.

I then grabbed the notebook, and put it on my bed. I'll definitely be taking that with me to the resort. Now, time to finish getting back.

Hello! Welcome to my newest story! Hope you've enjoyed this (short) first chapter. Sorry that it's so short. I promise the next chapter will be longer. If you are unaware, this is a spin-off to another yandere brothers story I've already written. It's called 'Mine' if you're interested. You can find it on my profile. Alright, alright, I'm done with self-promotion. Question time! Are you enjoying the story so far? Have any suggestions? Ideas? Let me know! For once, I'm posting each chapter as I finish them (or close to finishing them), so I'm willing to take suggestions. Doesn't mean I'll use them, but I'll make sure to keep them in mind. That's all for this little author's note. Later! =^-^=