𝟎𝟓. attacked

chapter 5, attacked !
-bqnksiie

RINGING. THAT'S ALL August could hear from her phone. She had 107 missed calls from Ethan since the incident today, she hasn't talked to him at all.

She was mad.

How could he say that when he knows what happened to her mother and brother last year.

Wes Hicks was such a sweet boy. He was always looking out for people. Wes and August were so close, they had inside jokes and they told each other everything. August always tried to help him with Tara but he would become shy and then he would mess up. Which always ends up with August teasing him back home.

Judy Hicks was a mother everyone wish they had. She was an amazing mother, taught August everything she knows. August knew how to defend herself because of her mom. She knew how to draw, write, multiply, walk and talk because of her mom.

Now that was all gone.

August had no one now.

Her phone rang once again. She groaned in annoyance and she grabs her phone from her side table.

"What do you want?" August picks up the phone for once. She could hear Ethan sigh from the other end of the line.

"Listen Auggie, I'm so sorry for what I said earlier." Ethan apologizes, sounding genuine. August knew that he was telling the truth so she smiles.

"And?" She teased, wanting him to go into details on what he's sorry for.

"And I shouldn't have mentioned the sam theories and the woodsboro incident. Especially since I know it hurts you so much."

August turned around on her bed so she was laying down on her stomach, checking out her nails while Ethan continued to talk. Just then, something clicked in her mind and she furrows her eyebrows.

"Wait a minute." August trails off, making Ethan pause. "Aren't you supposed to be in econ right now?"

There was a long pause until Ethan started talking again. "Yeah, but I excused myself to the bathroom."

"There's no way she let you go to the bathroom." August giggled, thinking about the strict teacher he had.

"I have a special charm."

"Yeah, okay E." She smiled as silence took over, "Okay, you go back to econ before Mrs. Bridge kills you."

"Yes ma'am." Ethan responds back. August waits until he hangs up but then he talks again. "I love you August. Be safe. Don't go out."

"Of course I'll be safe. You should be safe because you're the one who's out right now." August defends. "I love you, bye bye."

Ethan says a quick goodbye and then he hangs up. August puts her headphones on and she starts nodding her head to the music. She could hear some yelling from outside so she took off her headphones and listened carefully.

"August!" She heard Sam calling for her. The brunette quickly jumped off her bed and ran out her room.

"What's wrong?" She asked before she felt someone fall on top of her. August shuts her eyes but when she opens them again, she lets out a scream.

Quinn's lifeless body laid on her and ghostface stood before her. August stared at them in fear when he reached for her neck, wrapping his gloved hand around it.

The girl lets out chokes, desperate for air as ghostface slams her body against the wall, knocking all the wind out of her. August lets out a gasp and she tries to take his grip off of her, holding onto his wrist.