𝟎𝟖. the olive theory

chapter 8, the olive theory !
-championsgf

IT'S BEEN TWO months since Sam, Tara, Mindy, Chad and August have moved to New York. August was happy that they were having a fresh start, trying to get her mind off the past and what happened in Woodsboro.

Chad made a new friend, his name was Ethan and August thought he was pretty cute. Ethan and her would always talk when they have a chance, August was too scared to ruin that friendship.

Currently, they were both sitting in the library together while doing some work. Ethan had his earbuds in, the other half was in August's ear and they listened to her playlist which was full of Taylor Swift.

While August worked, she could hear Ethan humming to the music. She smiles softly and glances over to him.

"I'm so hungry." She muttered to herself, setting her pen down on her paper. She looked around, grabbing the food container in her tote bag.

Ethan looks over to her, watching as she takes out a container of pasta which has olives in it. When August opens it up, noticing the olives she scrunches her face in disgust.

"What's wrong?" Ethan asked her, taking out the earbud.

August turns her head to look at him. "Sam accidentally gave me her lunch. She likes olives a lot but I don't really like them."

"I can eat them." Ethan spoke up.

"What?"

"If you don't like olives, you shouldn't force yourself to eat them." He continued, he knew that when August was given food, she feels bad if she doesn't eat the whole thing.

"You like olives?" She asked him, tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah." He shrugged, grabbing his fork out of his lunch bag and ate one of the olives. August watches him with a small smile on her face, making Ethan turn red.

"You're cute, but also disgusting." August shook her head, chuckling. "Olives taste so weird."

"Not really, you just have different taste buds than me." Ethan replied back with a smile.

The girl giggles, eating her pasta.

Little did she know, Ethan was about to pee his pants from how nervous he was. Chad threatened that if he didn't tell August how he felt, Ethan would owe him $100

"Um, August?" Ethan spoke up, trying to avoid eye contact with him. August looked up at him with some pasta sauce in the corner of her mouth.

"Hm?" August questions but of course it came out muffled since she had a mouth full of pasta.

"I've been wanting to tell you something since you came here. I really, really like you and I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date sometime?" He quickly said.

August's eyes went ride and she swallowed her food, staring at Ethan. The boy looks over to her in fear.

"I like you too." August finally replies back, smiling at him. Ethan lets out a sigh of relief before laughing at the pasta sauce in the corner of her mouth. "What?"

The clueless girl watches him as he reaches over and wiped the sauce off her lips. The duo laughed quietly.

And that's how they started dating.

Only for it to be ruined soon.