𝟏𝟒. betrayal and hurt

chapter 14, betrayal and hurt !

"ETHAN?" AUGUST SOBBED, staring at him with a shocked face. It was mixed with betrayal and hurt as well. A sinister smile appeared on his face, looking back at the trio with a evil look on his face. August felt nothing, it felt like no emotions could explain how she felt right now.

Ethan couldn't even look at her.

"Mindy was right." He spoke, only looking at Tara and Sam because he knew if he looked at August, his heart will break and he would feel regret. "It was easy to juke the roommate lottery. I mean, all I had to do to meet you was room with the conceding, condecsending alpha, literally named Chad! Fuck! It felt good to kill him."

Tara looked at him in shock and anger, wanting to kill him right there but she knew it was August's job to end him. She had too. And he had to end her as well.

"You fucking traitor!" August shouts at him, glaring daggers at him. Ethan made eye contact with her, guilt written all over his face and he clenched his jaw. He glances over to Quinn who had tilted her head to the side and Ethan knew that said you gonna let her have that? So, Ethan replaced his guilty expression with fake hatred.

"It was so easy to make you fall in love with me." Ethan laughed, shaking his head and poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue. "You were so vulnerable and broken that if I showed a little bit of affection, you gave in. You gave in every single fucking time like a lost, heart-broken little puppy. It was honestly sad."

It was all fake? August wanted to say but she couldn't, she kept it to herself and glared at him instead. She felt Tara's hand slip into hers, trying to comfort her. 

Ethan pulled his eyes away from the blonde, now looking at the person he actually hated. He held up his mask, smirking. "This was your grandmothers, Sam. Nancy Loomis? Really runs in your fucking family, doesn't it? Speaking of family."

"Wait for it." Detective Bailey laughed.

"My names not Ethan Landry!" Ethan finished, that same wicked smile on his face. He looked over to Detective Bailey. "Is it, dad?"

August shook her head, squeezing Tara's hand. "Dad?"

"Wait, if it's you two then that just leaves..Mindy?" Sam questioned, her voice lacing with hurt. Tara and August look over to the third ghost face as they slowly removed their mask. Their eyes widen when they saw Quinn.

"Hey roomies." She said in a sing-song voice. "Didn't see that one coming, did you?"

"Yeah, because you died!" Tara yelled in confusion.

Quinn pouts at the young girl. "Kinda didn't. Though, it was a good way to get off the suspect list. Stab Gale Weathers, stab Mindy on the train. That sort of thing." 

"Yep, and I just made sure I was the first to the scene so I could switch her body out with a new one." Detective bailey spoke up as he wrapped his arms around his two kids, a proud smile on his face. "A little fake blood and prosthetic. You'd be amazed at what a grieving father could get away with."