Chapter 1 🐺✨

Yazmin wakes up in her motel room, she gets up washes her face and gets changed.

Yazmin: New Orleans here I come.

She grabs her bag and heads out. Once she has gotten to the train station that's when her nerves kicked in. New place, new people, new home and a new life. She only wondered what this places holds for her and only hoped she'd be safe there. Yazmin fell asleep on the train and a kind old lady woke her up once she has reached her destination, she thanked the lady and headed out.

Yazmin first met with her landlord to get the keys to her new 3 bedroom house not that she needed that many rooms but she brought it to show she was normal. She had paid for furniture which was already set up once she arrived so all she had to do was unpack her clothes, there wasn't much since she escaped from Ferhat Lekesiz her abusive ex werewolf boyfriend but she has brought enough to last her a couple of days.
Rose sat on her dinning table with her hands in her head moments later her doorbell rang.

??: Good morning.

Yazmin: Oh good morning.

??: I'm Avani De Silva I live next door with my parents Meena and Thomas and my baby sister Afreen. My mum and I bakes brownies and I decided to bring them over to welcome you.

Yazmin: Pleased to meet you I'm Yazmin. That's so kind of you Avani thank you.

Avani: Yeah no problem. So were you from?

Yazmin: Well I was born in England.

Avani: I love the accent! I was born in Sri Lanka.

Yazmin: Wow that's nice. Please come in.

Avani: I'd love to but I gotta get to work.

Yazmin: What do you do?

Avani: Social worker.

Yazmin: That's interesting.

Avani: It's stressful, listen I gotta go so I'll see you later!

Yazmin: Yeah of course see you!

Yazmin decided to head out to buy herself a laptop, a new phone and other essentials. With little money Yazmin relies on her magic to hypnotise people to get what she wants. After shopping she heads home before it gets dark, there are questionable creatures around that lurk in the night and Yazmin has no intention on being around when they show up. She arrives home to see Avani on the swing in her front porch with her hands covering her ears. There's shouting come from her home... it's her parents.

Yazmin: Hey Avani!

Avani looks up at Yazmin

Yazmin: Come inside.

Avani rushes over to Yazmin and they both head inside the house.

Yazmin: You okay?

Avani: Yeah It's normal for my parents to argue all the time, I'm a 23 year old woman who still lives with her parents who constantly fights. It's like im 5 all over again and I hate it!

Yazmin: Im so sorry. Can you not move out?

Avani: It's hard to find a cheap home in New Orleans.

Yazmin: Tell me about it! Listen I have two spare bedrooms if you ever need time away from your parents you can stay here. I know we don't know each other well but I know what it's like to feel trapped in your own home and we women have to look out for each other.

Avani: Thank You!

She pulls Yazmin in for a hug.

Avani: How about me and you go out tomorrow shopping maybe? We can get to know each other, maybe we'll become friends!

Yazmin: Sure I'd love that.

Avani: Tomorrow at 3?

Yazmin: Sounds great to me.

Avani: I'll probably have to bring my little sister though.

Yazmin: it's fine I'm great with children.

Avani: Perfect see you then!

Yazmin: Don't you want to sit?

Avani: My parents probably have stopped arguing by now and I gotta go across the street to get Amaya from Mrs Boyles house.

Yazmin: Alright I'll see you tomorrow.

Avani: See you and thank you!

Yazmin: It's no problem.

Yazmin headed upstairs to take a shower and then set up her electronics. She set up her phone and then her laptop, she walked out onto her balcony and stood there as the wind flew through her face she felt safe here in New Orleans.

A/n: Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter, this is my fourth book be sure to read my other books if you want. If you have questions or suggestions feel free to comment 😘