Chapter 24 🐺✨

Avani: Yaz it's late! What's wrong?

Yazmin: He doesn't want the baby.

Avani: Come in sis.

Yazmin didn't come home for a week, Klaus and Hope have been alone without Yazmin and Klaus hasn't looked for Yazmin at least once.

Hope: Dada! mama!

Klaus: She's not here Hope.

Hope: Pweez!

Klaus: I'm sorry sweetie she's not here.

The door bell rings and Klaus opens the door to see.

Klaus: Yazmin.

Yazmin: Klaus.

Hope: Mama!

Yazmin: Hey baby, im just here for my stuff.

Klaus: You're moving out?

Yasmin: I'm staying with Avani for some time she's going to help me.

Klaus: Right the baby.

Yazmin: Yes our baby.

Klaus: I'm sorry Yazmin.

Yazmin: That you don't want anything to do with our baby?

Klaus doesn't say a word.

Yazmin: Do you even want to talk about it?

Silence.

Yazmin: Whatever.

Yazmin bags up all of her stuff and says goodbye to Hope and leaves without saying a single word to Klaus, Hope cries watching Yazmin walk away.

Avani: Are you sure you wanna walk away?

Yazmin: I'm not giving up on my own baby Avani, he doesn't want our baby he's showed me that. He's stable enough to take care of Hope and now I've got me own kid to raise this might make me selfish-

Avani: You are not being selfish Yaz, if he can't step up and be a dad then that's his loss.

Marcel: Do you want me to talk to him?

Yazmin: Please don't!

Avani: The rooms ready, this little baby is gonna have a great mother!

Yazmin: And a great aunt and uncle.

They all laugh.

~Two months later~

Yazmin: I'll get the door!

Yazmin opens it to see.

Yazmin: Elijah?

Elijah: Can we talk?

Yazmin: Come in.

Yazmin makes tea for Elijah and sits on the sofa next to him.

Elijah: Congratulations.

Yazmin: Thank you.

Elijah: How far?

Yazmin: Almost three months.

Elijah: What? Klaus has only just told me.

Yazmin: Did he also tell you he's not interested in being a father to our kid?

Elijah: That cannot be true.

Yazmin: Oh but it is, the second i asked if he wanted to talk about it he didn't say a word.

Elijah: Yazmin he's just scared, raising Hope in his own was hard for him.

Yazmin: And I understand that but I'm here with him! I won't leave him ever.

Elijah: He knows that but having another child scares him, he's scared he might lose you.

Yazmin: Meaning?

Elijah: When Hayley was pregnant with Hope, Klaus didn't want Hope but he soon realized she was the best thing that would ever happen to this family. However once Hayley was going to give birth Klaus was told only one of them were going to make it and he had to make a choice between Hayley and Hope.

Yazmin: He chose Hope.

Elijah: He chose Hayley buy things turned out differently and he blames himself for her death. He wouldn't want the same thing to happen to you.

Yazmin: So leaving me to take care of our child is his solution?

Elijah: Pushing you away is his way of "protecting" those he loves.

Yazmin: Either way I can do this on my own!

Elijah: Let me talk to him.

Yazmin: You can try but I hardly believe it's going to work.

Elijah: Trust me Yazmin I will not let you and this baby down whether or not Klaus is there for you both or not.

Yazmin: Thank you Elijah.

Yazmin pulls Elijah for a hug, and he heads out the door.

Klaus: Brother! How are you today.

Hope: Lijah!

Elijah: Hello brother and hello to my beautiful niece. Klaus I need a word.

Klaus: Right Hope let's set you down for a nap.

Elijah: I went to see Yazmin.

Klaus: And?

Elijah: She told me you want nothing to do with her and the baby.

Klaus: I didn't say anything.

Elijah: Exactly she feels alone and feels like you're not there for her.

Klaus: I-

Elijah: You either be there for her and your baby or you don't she doesn't need to wait around for you Niklaus she shouldn't have to be hurt either she does not deserve it not after the fact she's been helping take care of Hope.

Klaus: I think you need to leave.

Elijah: Gladly!

Elijah leaves Klaus. Klaus heads up to his room and smashes all items on his bedside table as well as punching his wall in frustration.

~The next day~

Yazmin is at the park sitting on a bench, she hears someone calling from a distance.

??:Mama! Mama! Hewwo!

Yazmin: Hope darling.

Klaus: Yazmin.

Yazmin: Klaus.

Hope: Hope!

Klaus: May I sit?

Yazmin: Sure.

Klaus: How are you and the baby?

Yazmin: Fine.

Klaus: I want to tell you that I don't want anything to do with you and the baby.

Yazmin stares at klaus in shock, did he really just say that?

Yazmin: Okay.

Klaus: I will give you both financial support.

Yazmin: We don't need your charity.

Klaus: It's not charity I want to help.

Yazmin: If you wanted to help you'd be there for us.

Klaus: Yazmin I can't do this.

Yazmin: So what? Take care of your child? Be there for your girlfriend? Or are not together anymore?

Klaus: I-

Yazmin: You know what, let me call it! We are over Klaus it's not me it's you.

Yazmin walks away.

Klaus: Shit.