Chapter 17 🐺✨

The next day Yazmin came in to hear Hope crying her eyes out, she bolts up the stairs and pulls Hope into her arms. She immediately goes to check on Klaus who's passed out with a bottle of bourbon in his hand.

Yazmin: It's okay let's leave daddy to sleep he'll wake up soon. I hope...

After lunch Klaus still hadn't woken up so Yazmin went to his room after putting hope down for a nap. She gently sat by him checking the temperature of his forehead and neck and then places her ear on his chest to see if she could hear his heart beat.

Klaus: If you wanted to cuddle with me you could've just asked love.

Yazmin moves away from his chest and sits up awkwardly.

Yazmin: I was just checking if you were alive.

Klaus: Alive and well my darling, Where's Hope?

Yazmin: She's taking a nap.

Klaus: Oh well I must get out of bed and shower.

Klaus gets out of his bed and takes his shirt off. Yazmin stares for too long to notice that Klaus is just standing there watching her look.

Klaus: Take a picture love it lasts longer!

Yazmin: What? I-

Hope begins to cry.

Yazmin: I'll get her.

Klaus: Her birthday is coming up we need to plan her party soon.

Yazmin: we can start later on if you like.

Klaus: Perfect.

Yazmin is making lunch, she plays some music whilst herself and Hope are dancing in the kitchen to I want it that way by the Backstreet Boys. Hope is jumping up and down in her baby walker and Yazmin is stirring the pan twirling away. When she turns to ensure Hope is okay she ends up being face to face with Klaus, they are close to one another. She can feel his breathe, she can almost hear his heart beat and he's holding her by the waist so she doesn't fall on top of him.

Klaus: What are you doing love?

Yazmin: Cooking dinner.

Klaus: And dancing.

Yasmin: Me? Dancing? No.

Hope: Yes mama.

Klaus: See my own daughter saw you dancing.

Yazmin: She was dancing too!

The doorbell rings and Klaus let's go of Yazmin's waist.

Klaus: Camille?

Camille: I came for my things

Klaus: I'm that box there!

Yazmin and Camille make eye contact and Yazmin looks away.

Camille: Getting cosy with my man?

Klaus: Camille!

Yazmin: Please I can get cosy with "your man" if I want to! I'm the one who's here all day looking after him and Hope not you, besides when have you even held Hope? When have you ever taken the chance to actually spend time with her? Plus if I were Klaus I wouldn't have dated a worthless piece of-

Klaus: Yazmin!

Yazmin: Anyway I've gotta do mommy duties so don't mind me.

Camille leaves in a hurry, slamming the door on her way out.

Klaus: I'm sorry.

Yazmin: What?

Klaus: I'm sorry.

Yazmin: What for?

Klaus: I'm sorry for bringing Camille here into our lives.

Yazmin: Klaus who you decide to date hasn't got anything to do with me. But I mean I do not want just anyone woman to be around Hope.

Klaus: Yes right.

Yazmin: What are the plans for today?

Klaus: Well, we have to plan for Hopes birthday it's in one week.

Yazmin: Oh my goodness she's going to turn 1 she was about 6 months when I first met her. You're growing up too much! Soon I'll have to stop taking care of you missy!

Klaus' face dropped once he realised when Hope grows it'll mean Yazmin will stop taking care of her and they will never see each other again.

Yazmin: Speaking of which we never came to terms when I will have to stop being Hopes nanny.

Klaus: I never thought of that. Can't you stay forever?

Yazmin: Haha I wish but I guess one day you'll both will not need me anymore.

Klaus didn't like what Yazmin said and he walked off angrily. Later on that day Klaus came in after being locked away in room and he came down with a folder labeled "Hopes first birthday"

Yazmin: Wow I didn't know how organised you were for her birthday.

Klaus: This was all Hope's mother, before she died she had build up a plan for Hope's first birthday. I'm sorry for how I reacted earlier today I don't know what came over me.

Yazmin: I think you're beginning to like me Mr Mikaelson.

Klaus: Nonsense I've always liked you.

Yazmin: Oh really?

Klaus: Of course!

Yazmin: What about when we first met? You clearly didn't like me then.

Klaus: I-

Yazmin: It's fine honestly but it's good that you like me now I guess seems like I've made a good impression.

Klaus and Yazmin laugh as they look into each others eyes. Yazmin looks down to her feet, shy. After planning Hopes birthday party, Yazmin feeds Hope dinner and puts her down for bed.

Yazmin: Klaus where are you?

Klaus walks out of his room shirtless just wearing black joggers. That's something Yazmin hasn't seen Klaus wear ever in her life.

Klaus: Take a photo it lasts longer love.

Yazmin: Oh please I've seen better.

Klaus: Care to tell me who?

Yazmin: Can't tell you.

Klaus walks towards Yazmin trapping her in the corner, both arms blocking Yazmin and preventing her from leaving.

Klaus: Tell me.

Klaus' pupils grow larger, he's trying to compulse her to tell him.

Yazmin: (slaps Klaus) You're trying to compulse me!

Klaus: What?

Yazmin: How dare you!

Klaus: I just-

Yazmin: No! Just don't! I would never have thought that you'd compulse me just to get something out of me!

Yazmin walks off in a hurry. Klaus stands there.

💭Klaus' thoughts 💭

How does she know about compulsion? Why can't I compulse her? Why did she seem to offended? What have I done?

💭 End of Klaus' thoughts 💭

That same night Yazmin went home and locked her front door gasping for air. She had no idea klaus is a vampire which also means his family are vampires but how is he Hope's father? She thought. She knew she has to do some digging, coming from a long line of witches she must be careful who she trust. Her family never got on well with vampires and werewolves.