TWO

(A/N: did not proofread hehe)

chp. 2

"Okay... but was she cute?"

Yeji rolled her eyes and sighed, surveying the busy restaurant as she stood behind the counter in her crisp work attire. The air was filled with the clattering of dishes, the sizzle of pans and the soft chatter of customers. She had just finished her shift at school and knew it was going to be a busy day.

The restaurant where Yeji worked was located in a seemingly deserted part of town, but the food was worth the trip. However, whenever Jimin, her closest friend, worked her shift, they would get an unusual amount of customers. Many would consider Jimin to be the main attraction of the restaurant, aside from the delicious food. They weren't wrong.

As Yeji arrived at work, she was greeted by her favorite co-worker and her only genuine friend that she relied on most of the time, Jimin. She spilled everything that had happened this morning, earning an amused grin and a whole ton of questions shooting at her before she could even process them.

"I don't know," Yeji responded, her hands fiddling with the restaurant's pen. "But does that matter? She harassed me!"

"Let's not jump into conclusions, babe." Jimin shook her head and chuckled. "What about that guy beside her? Are you sure she was the one who did it? Or are you just assuming because of their distances?"

Yeji thought over it for a moment, but when she was about to reply, the ring of the door had caught her attention. Her eyes widened when a group of seven came in, and she immediately got up from her seat, tucking the pen back into the pen holder beside the register. She had never seen so many people come in at once.

"Talk later. Go and charm them with those cat-eyes of yours!" Jimin cheered her on, pushing her out from behind the counter. Yeji had no choice but to obey, pulling out her notepad and her pen that was hidden in her pocket.

"Welcome, what can I get started for you today?" Yeji asked as she approached the table of seven. The group was loud, chattering away about the events of the day and cracking jokes with each other.

"Wait— it's you!" A girl exclaimed, her eyes widening as she recognized Yeji. The brunette's gaze landed on her, and the girl continued, "Power-leg."

Power-leg?

"She's the girl that kicked Ryujin in the stomach today," a boy laughed, and when Yeji looked over to him, she recognized him immediately. He was her accomplice.

Looking around the table, she saw some familiar faces, or maybe it was because they all served some sort of importance to their high school.

Her gaze landed on her class president, Chaeryeong. This will definitely be fun.

Ignoring their remarks, Yeji got to work, taking their orders while shooting glares towards the boy, who she now knew as Yeonjun, and the girl who she kicked, Ryujin.

Retreating to Jimin with an expression that clearly indicated "kill me already" she slumped down on the chair she sat in, avoiding her friend's amused smile.

"You look beat."

"Thanks for your concern," Yeji monotonously said, resting her head on her arms that now leaned on the table. "Now please kill me."