FOUR

chp. 4

"A-choo!"

Yeji snickered as she listened to the other sneeze for the nth time. It had been twenty minutes since Ryujin started to show more symptoms of sickness, but the girl kept denying it as if her sneezes haven't been exposing her.

"I have allergies, I swear." Ryujin waved her hand and shook her head, exhaling as she tried to focus on her book in hand.

"What allergies?" Yeji asked monotonously, cocking a skeptical brow. "Shouldn't you go home if you're sick?"

"I told you, I'm not sick," the other frowned, slightly sticking her bottom lip out. Yeji looked away and slammed her textbook close, putting it back inside her bag. Ryujin looked up.

"Where are you going?"

"Home," the brunette answered, eyeing her before continuing, "Aren't you?"

"Already?" Ryujin's frown deepened, checking her phone. "Why so early? Desperate to get rid of me?"

"Yeah." Yeji replied with brutal honesty and took down the beanbag walls, bringing them back to their respective spots with Ryujin trailing behind her.

"Why did you even stay with me anyway?" The brunette questioned as she swerved through the bookshelves, setting the beanbags nicely in their original spots.

Ryujin hummed in thought, causing Yeji to turn around in curiosity as to what she would say. She had never had someone hang out with her out of free will, especially in the boring library that only she found peace in, so a popular figure like Ryujin staying with her through the whole hour? That was a mystery.

"I like hanging out with you," the purple-haired shrugged, connecting their gazes. Yeji certainly got her answer, but it wasn't the one she was expecting. She thought the girl would respond with 'I have nothing else to do' or even 'My friends are all busy' because nobody would genuinely hang out with her, right?

Averting her gaze, Yeji cleared her throat and nodded, walking past the other as if nothing had happened. In truth, nothing had happened. However, she was caught off-guard with the latter's response, and she didn't know what to do as she had never experienced such situation.

"Not going to say anything?" Ryujin asked with a teasing tone, it was obvious that she had a smirk on her face, which was why Yeji had to distract herself with something else to hold back the annoyance she felt and possibly drive the other away with her words. She didn't want that, surprsingly.

Without even knowing, Ryujin had made her day, even if Yeji didn't want to admit it. Never in her 17 years of life had someone spend an hour out of their free will to hang out with her, even when she had nothing to offer, nothing to say. It was a miracle how Ryujin hadn't left yet, and that left Yeji wondering why she hadn't.

She wasn't special, she had never been.

Nobody had ever tried becoming friends with her at the start of high school. Maybe some did, only because of her looks, but that wasn't something she liked; someone befriending her because of her appearance, that would also come with other possible intentions that she would never dream of.

Therefore, Yeji felt special, only for the hour that she spent with her harasser that she had now warmed up to. She was still a little angry, yes, because who wouldn't be when their privacy was invaded just a day ago?

However, it wasn't like she absolutely enjoyed the latter's company either, there was a reason why she never befriended anyone, despite her feeling not so lonely for once. Ryujin got on her nerves a lot in that one hour, and that was probably because of how much she doesn't hang out with others.