THIRTY

chp. 30

Weeks had flitted by easily, which also meant that Christmas was approaching. Since winter had already announced its arrival by raining down their town with snow, everyone appeared excited about the grand holiday where Santa sleds through. And that definitely included a particular duo.

"You're studying again?" Ryujin whined, throwing her hands up in the air as they walked out of school together. "And yet I thought we could have some downtime."

"We?" Yeji teased, empathizing the word in attempts to bring Ryujin's grumpiness towards school work into light. "Who's we? Last I checked, the notes I gave you two weeks ago are still untouched."

Ryujin sputtered. "Okay, well, it's not my fault that someone has been distracting me."

Yeji snorted. "Oh, so now you're blaming me for your low attention span?"

Swinging one leg over her motorcycle and inserting the key, Ryujin smirked with a shrug. "Precisely."

Yeji shook her head in mock exasperation, a playful smile tugging at her lips. "Unbelievable. Here I thought I was the one in a relationship with a mischievous troublemaker, but it turns out I'm the cause of your academic downfall."

Ryujin revved the engine of her motorcycle, the sound vibrating through the air. She shot Yeji a wink before pulling on her helmet, the mischievous glint in her eyes unmistakable even through the visor. "Just consider it a shared responsibility. We're in this together, after all."

Yeji chuckled, her heart warming at the familiarity of their banter. With her own helmet secure, she got onto the motorcycle as well, securing Ryujin's waist with her arms.

With her body flush against Ryujin's as they rode through the snowy streets, the chill in the air seemed to fade away, enlightening a smile on the brunette's face. Ever since they came to the agreement that they both had mutual feelings, the two had grew undeniably closer. It was something rather obvious as the days passed.

Though due to their close relationship, they were the talk of the school, the busy corridors. Yeji had expected this. She knew what she was getting herself into once she kissed the annoyingly flirtatious Shin. Yet, still, she didn't expect to receive... life threatening letters when opening her locker in the mornings. That was frightening.

However, much to Yeji's gratitude, Ryujin was with her the whole way. She'd somehow find out the sender and scare them off. Her tactics were an unknown mystery to Yeji.

But, even though they were comfortable with what they were doing as of now, they didn't exactly have a... label.

Now, labels didn't seem much to Ryujin. She knew that her "crush" had already developed into something more for the brunette Hwang ever since she was little. To her, labels were like... a trophy, something to show off in order to prove your worth to the world, so it doesn't matter much to her as long as her significant other knew how she felt.

But Yeji?

It was her first time being in such situation; confessing to someone and discovering that the other person felt the same way. It was foreign to her, even though she barely had crushes on anyone throughout her whole life. Therefore, a label to what they were was a significant consideration for her.

And despite both girls acknowledging the fact that they didn't have a label, they never brought it up. Not exactly. Maybe subtly, but not straightforward enough for them to have a conversation about it.

Okay.

It was okay.

Yeji didn't mind, not when Ryujin expressed her affection for her as if they really were... something. Well, they are, just not officially.