TWENTY

chp. 20

Many weeks had passed since Yeji and Ryujin became friends again. It had been a few peaceful ones, including Yeji bonding with her friends that she abandoned before.

But... other than that, Yeji had grew close with Ryujin again. The current Ryujin. They hung out a lot, mainly to help the shorter discover her likes and dislikes, and whether or not she liked the things she used to. It was during these outings when Yeji grew even fonder of the girl, at the point where she feared the possibilities if she let it grew.

However, thankfully, Jimin existed. And she always managed to knock some sense into the brunette, so Yeji hasn't ran away. At least not yet.

So overall? Yeji's month had been going great.

Though aside from that, Yeji was currently in her father's new apartment, admiring a piece of painting that hung off the wall. Meanwhile, Hyunjin was somewhere in the kitchen whipping up a cup of coffee.

"Dad, did you paint this?" Yeji yelled, hoping that it was loud enough to reach her father who was in his bedroom.

"Which one are you talking about?"

"Uhhh... the one with a girl staring at the sunset!"

Suddenly, the padding of haste footsteps occurred, and when they stopped, Minhyun appeared beside Yeji.

"Oh that," he uttered, then broke into a soft smile. "Yeah, I painted it about twenty-one years ago."

"Paint what?" Hyunjin chimed in, stopping behind them with a newly-brewed coffee in hand. As his gaze settled on it, he hummed. "That's gorgeous."

"Yep, you got your talents from someone alright," Minhyun smirked, and then quickly diverted their attention with a question, "Are you two hungry? What do you want to eat?"

"Pizza!"

"Sushi!"

The two siblings shot each other pointed looks, their eyes darting back to their father afterwards with pleading gazes.

Minhyun glanced at both of them with a slight grin before clicking his tongue, pulling his phone out. "I'll get both."

"Yes!" Hyunjin held his hand up in the air, facing the brunette. Yeji happily connected their palms.

——

"How's Ryujin?"

Yeji stretched her neck from left to right, hearing the pops in her neck with each movement. She aligned the golf club's head with the golf ball, practicing her swings as she spoke, "She's doing fine so far. Says that she hates not having any recollection of what her friends tell her."

Hyunjin snorted, fixing his blue cap. "I meant Ryujin's situation with you. You told me how she liked you, right?"

Yeji swung with strength, watching as the ball flew. "Yeah," she pursed her lips. "One thing that changed is that she isn't as annoying as before, which I guiltily confess that I miss."

"Ooh," Hyunjin teasingly grinned. "And yet I thought you wouldn't fall in love again."

Yeji, who was reaching for another golf ball, had paused in her movements, her head whipping to her brother. "What did you say?"

Hyunjin raised a brow with a playful smile. "You know what I said~ Don't deny it, I won't believe you."

Her cheeks began to fluster, causing her to avert her gaze in attempts of covering it. "N-No. I've got no idea what you're talking about, and I sure as hell did not fall in love with the stupid—" she swung hard, clenching her teeth. Hyunjin set another golf ball down, "—annoying," Yeji swung again, nearly missing her brother's hand, "stubborn," again, "Shin Ryujin!" she yelled as she swung again, this time with a lot more force to the point where her arm ached.