TWENTY-NINE

chp. 29

Compared to the events last night, neither of them expected their morning to start like this.

"Alright, time's up! Wake up, lovebirds!"

Snickers and giggles filled the once peaceful room, eliciting groans and murmurs from a specific couple. Ryujin was the first to open her eyes, the wrinkles on her forehead deepening with hatred towards whoever had ruined her dream that was just getting to the part where she got to kiss a certain brunette. However, with a short glance at the same brunette curled in a fetal position all the while holding tightly onto her waist, her mood was immediately improved.

"Who the hell— OW!" Ryujin's head tilted backwards as she flinched, her free hand that wasn't holding Yeji's head flew to the growing mark on her forehead. "Damn Yuna, who's up your ass this morning?" she exclaimed, a frown on her face. But then, as her blurry-ish vision cleared, surprise replaced her frown and she nearly jumped. "Why are you all here?"

Yuna rolled her eyes first, running her hands through her disheveled hair — an indication that she had also just woken up— as she replied. "So um," she dropped her hand, clearing her throat. "I kind of spilled the beans to Chaeryeong last night, and they all showed up at the front step this morning."

Ryujin pulled the shifting brunette in her arms closer and glanced up with confusion. "What beans?"

"The beans named 'Ryujin and Yeji are probably now a thing'," Chaeryeong answered from behind, her head popping out behind Yuna's tall figure. "Congratulations by the way."

"We're not—"

"Congratu-fucking-lations, Shin! I'm actually really surprised that you managed to—" Minjeong bursted through the door and began to ramble, only to be cut off by her girlfriend's hand over her mouth.

"Yeji's sleeping," Jimin whisper-yelled with two arms wrapped around the shorter's waist. "Hold it out until you're alone with Ryu."

Minjeong bit back a scowl and instead, gasped at her girlfriend's words. "That's a really good idea!"

Ryujin shivered from the sarcasm laced heavily within Minjeong's voice. Who knew the quietest and most laid-back friend in her friend group could be this frightening?

"Did you guys kiss?" Ningning excitedly asked, she was basically buzzing with eagerness from head to toe. Ryujin swore the girl was hopping in her spot.

"Yes," Ryujin tiredly replied, her half-lidded eyes scanning the faces of their friends, and they were all similar to Ningning's. "Don't look at me like that. I need sleep and so does Yeji, so leave before you wake her."

Ningning had a mini freak-out before she willingly nodded and exited the room, along with all their other friends. Not before sending Ryujin teasing looks, though.

With a grumble, Ryujin fell back into her mattress, already feeling exhausted even if she had just woken up. She looked down at the girl in her arms, cheesing at the adorable state Yeji was in. How could someone look so cute and gorgeous while sleeping?

Following that thought, Ryujin let out a quiet gasp at her amazing idea that had popped up in her mind. "This calls for a picture," she grinned and reached over Yeji's head for her phone on the nightstand, quickly opening up her camera before snapping away. However, during one of the pictures, Ryujin noticed the brunette slowly blinking open her eyes. And before she could even do anything, Yeji broke the silence.

"What are you doing?" Yeji grumpily asked, lazily covering the phone camera. She also took the phone from Ryujin's hold and glanced at the screen, sighing when she saw all the pictures in the latter's photo gallery. And so while she complained about her looking bad in the morning, Ryujin had completely zoned out. The moment that Yeji spoke earlier was the turn of her switch, causing her to internally freak out over the girl's morning voice.