EIGHT

chp. 8

Strolling across the parking lot that was now emptying, Yeji tugged on her backpack straps, nervous for what the Shin wanted to do with her after losing the game. Ryujin was unpredictable when it came to matters like this, and Yeji didn't like the feeling of the unknown.

So, as she spotted a particular purple-haired waving at her from afar with a black, sleek motorcycle behind her, the brunette muttered an 'oh no' under her breath. Shin Ryujin was already trouble, but paired with a sexy motorcycle?

Lord have mercy.

"Is this yours?" Yeji eyed the bike, lifting a skeptical brow.

Ryujin beamed and ran her fingers over the leather seat. "All mine. My parents got it for me on my sweet sixteen."

The brunette only nodded as she took in the information, including the glimmer of adoration as the purple-haired looked at the motorcycle.

"So, what did you want to do here?" Yeji cleared her throat.

Ryujin shrugged and turned back with a slight smile. Then, in silence, she handed Yeji a red helmet, grabbing another for herself after.

"Where are we going?" Yeji asked once more, hesitantly putting on the helmet. She struggled to adjust the loose straps, and when she thought she finally had it, a sigh was heard and another pair of hands had grabbed the straps.

Ryujin's gaze fixed on tightening the straps around Yeji as the brunette stared.

"Are you gonna answer me?"

The latter spared her a glance and a small smirk, "No. You have to wait and see, loser."

Yeji huffed, wanting to retort, but she couldn't help but press her lips into a thin line after she remembered how she lost the bet.

After successfully tightening the straps, Ryujin turned on the motorcycle and hopped on it with no trouble. While Yeji found herself unable to get both legs on deck without fear edging her every second.

"Ready?" Ryujin chuckled after a full minute of Yeji's struggle. She revved the bike with a twist of a hand.

"Yeah!" Yeji yelled over the loud roaring of the engine, adjusting her helmet before resting her hands on her lap.

Now that she was doing that, she found her position quite dangerous, especially when riding a bike.

Ryujin also seemed to notice at the same time she did, therefore, she reached back and gasped Yeji's soft hands, bringing them in front of her waist so her arms were encircled around her torso.

"Hold on tight," Ryujin shouted before revving the bike one more time, speeding off out of their parking space. Yeji let out a slight scream when she felt the wind pressing against her helmet's windshield and her body.

Yeji originally didn't know what to expect when hopping on the bike, and if she were honest, she felt quite nervous at first when putting on the helmet. But now that she was feeling the strong yet comforting breeze around her body, Yeji realized that the thrill had overcame the nervousness she felt.

"Having fun?" Ryujin asked her, turning her head as they stopped at a red light. Their helmets bumped into each other.

Yeji shrugged and attempted to seem nonchalant, but inside, she was feeling all kinds of fireworks and balloons at the amount of excitement she felt. "It's cool."

Ryujin shot her a knowing look, as if she saw right through her little façade, then turned back right when the light turned green.

Eventually, the ride had stopped and Yeji's interest piqued.