-CHAPTER 2-

HYUNJIN

I woke up with the sound of a chair scraping. I saw Felix walk over to my bed so I quickly closed my eyes and pretended I was still fast asleep. Before I knew it, I had a blanket over me. My heart seemed to melt with that action. 

A few minutes later, I decided to get up. I once again opened my eyes, pretending as if I had been sleeping the whole time and only just waking up. I sat up from my bed, and since I hadn't had a chance to really look around. The dorm was a small room with two beds and desks on either side of the room. There was a wide window in the centre of the room. There was also a bathroom and a (very tiny) kitchen.

I started to decorate my room, and that made me notice and had barely brought any things; only a lamp for my desk, a set of bedding (no pillow because surprisingly the dorm already came with one), and finally a tiny clock. I hesitated then turned to Felix who was on his bed looking at something on his phone. "Do you know any malls around here?" I asked Felix with the intention to buy more stuff for my room and make it...more pleasant to the eye. He looked up at me from his phone. "Yeah," he said. "Oh, that's great!" I said, glad I had asked.  "Also, would you like some ramen? I'm going to make some right now," Felix said, getting up from his bed and turning off his phone. I nodded. "That would be great!" I said. 

So, Felix went to the kitchen. After a few minutes, he called me to come and I did. He handed me a cup of ramen with some steel chopsticks. "Thank you," I said taking the cup and bowing. "No need for formalities, we're the same age," Felix said kindly. "I'm 19," I said sitting down at the small table in the corner of the kitchen. Felix also sat down. "You're older than me! I'm 18," Felix said. 

"Oh, and I should pay you back for the ramen," I said, getting up to fetch my wallet that was in the bedroom. "No need," said Felix, stopping me from leaving. "But I don't feel comfortable with eating something that you paid for," I said. "But we're friends...aren't we? Besides that ramen is so cheap," Felix insisted. I felt a bit happy when Felix said that I was his 'friend'. 

I smiled and sat back down. "Ok, but whenever you need help on homework or something, just tell me," I said. "I'll be sure too," Felix said, making me chuckle a bit. We ended up talking for a long time together, getting to know each other more. I found out Felix lived in Seoul all his life and that is why he knows where everything is. 

We finally got up from the dining table and our conversation ended. I threw both me and Felix's ramen cups in the trash and we both headed to the bedroom. "Hey," Felix said, pausing to look back at him. "Hmm?" I hummed. "Should we...go to the mall together?" Felix asked nervously, which in my opinion was very cute. "Sure," I said. "Maybe tomorrow?" I suggested. Felix nodded, a big smile across his face. 

School won't start until a week, meaning we will be free tomorrow. 

FELIX

"You can go take a shower first," Hyunjin said. I nodded. I completely forgot about taking a shower, and it was getting late...it was dark outside. So I took a quick shower so Hyunjin would also be able to take one before sleeping.

Afterwards, I fell asleep happy that I had made a new friend. Hyunjin was an amazing person to talk to and I feel like we clicked almost instantly. I am looking forward to tomorrow. 

/♥/ /♥/ /♥/

I got up at about 10 in the morning to find Hyunjin's bed empty and lots of loud clangs of what sounded like metal coming from the kitchen. I got up and ran to the kitchen to find Hyunjin there making...pancakes? Only they didn't look like pancakes. They looked like shit and smelled like shit too. But of course, I didn't say that. 

"What are you cooking? It smells pretty good!" I say with a smile. "Well, I'm trying to make pancakes, to repay you for the ramen," Hyunjin said hopelessly, looking at the pancakes. "Still with that?" I asked, referring to repaying for the ramen. Hyunjin shrugged. "Anyways they are ready. Do you want some?" Hyunjin asked, taking some brunt pancakes from the pan. I looked at the burnt pancakes and then at Hyunjin. I was just about to say no before I saw the look on Hyunjin's face.

I nodded.

"But first I'm going to brush my teeth and do my skincare," I said, leaving the kitchen and going to the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and did some skincare and a bit of makeup then went back to see Hyunjin sitting at the table with the pancakes already served. I sat down and took a plate of pancakes. "Do you want syrup?" Hyunjin asked, holding the bottle of syrup. I nodded and Hyunjin handed it to me. 

When I finished putting the syrup on the pancakes, I took a bite. I almost gagged but held it in and swallowed. "Well...do you like it?" Hyunjin asked. I smiled and nodded. He smiled back and also took a bite of his pancakes. The minute he put it in his mouth, he got up and spit it out in a napkin. "This is horrible!" he exclaimed. And he looked at me suspiciously. "Why did you say they were good?" he asked. "Because they are," I lied. "No, they aren't!" Hyunjin said. I ignored him and took another bite of the pancakes. I would have never eaten the pancakes if someone else had made them, not gonna lie. "FELIX!! STOP!" Hyunjin said, trying to take the fork out of my hand, but once again I ignored him and finished the rest of the pancakes, which there were only two bites left. 

Hyunjn stared at me the whole time. "Why did you eat them?" he asked. "Because you spent the morning making them for me," I said. Hyunjin blushed. 

That's when there was a knock on the door. "I'll go get it," I said jumping up and going to the door. Hyunjin followed close behind me. A girl with long black hair with cat-like eyes wearing a lavender checkered cardigan under a plain white shirt, jeans, and white sneakers. "Hi, is Hyunjin here?" the girl asked. "Uh, yeah," I answered. "Hi, Jennie!" Hyunjin said to the girl. 

"Hi!!" she replied. "Wanna go out today?" she asked, and Hyunjin glanced at me. I expected him to say no because we had made plans to go to the mall, but he didn't and I felt a pang of jealousy. "Sure, just...wait at the front of the school, I'll go get ready!" he said. The girl, Jennie, nodded and Hyunjin closed the door and turned to me.

"Can we move the plans to tomorrow?" Hyunjin asked me. "Uh...sure," I said, but I reminded myself not to act this way...we literally just met. "I'm sorry! It's just she's my girlfriend and I need to spend time with her," Hyunjin said. "Need?" I asked. But before Hyunjin could answer, there were three loud knocks on the door. Hyunjin quickly opened it. "Hurry up, Hyungie!!" she said in a whiny-like voice. I rolled my eyes, careful so that none of them could see me. Honestly, how could Hyunjin support that? If I were him I would have broken up with her a long time ago. I shook these weird thoughts out of my head. I don't even know about their relationship. Heck, I don't even know about Hyunjin.

"I'm coming Jen, just please give me one minute!" Hyunjin said in an annoyed tone. "Are you mad at me??" Jennie asked innocently. "No, no, just please wait," Hyunjin said. She groaned and left. 

After Hyunjin finished changing, he also left, making me feel a bit lonely. 

1368 words

/♥/Thank you for reading!/♥/