-CHAPTER 9-

HYUNJIN

We exited the car and headed into the cafe. "Which cake do you want?" I asked Felix. "Hmmm...maybe the most expensive one?" he teased. "Whatever you want," I replied. Felix looked at me in suprise. "Really??" he asked. "Yep, but if it is too expensive and big then we're gonna have to share. I don't have much money right now," I pointed out. Felix thought for a few seconds then nodded. "Ok, fine we can share one!"

"Can we get...the red velvet cake?" he asked, pointing to a big redish cake with what looked like cream cheese frosting on top. I glanced at the price. "Holy shit that's expensive!" I said. Well it's sorta my fault because I am the one who chose one of the most expensive bakeries in the whole city of Seoul.

"Then let's share it! Its too big anyways," Felix said, and I bought the cake along with two glasses of iced tea.

"You go sit down, I'll wait for the cake," I said to Felix. "No, you're the one paying. You go sit down," Felix insisted. "No its ok," I said. "Then I am waiting with you," Felix said firmly and I knew no matter what I said, he would not let me wait for it. "Fine," I said and sat down.

We kept glancing at each other as we waited.

Finally, the barista called my name and Felix brought a tray with the cake and the drinks to our table. "Looks good," I said. "I'll go get a fork," Felix said and half runned half walked to get another one.

We spent almost an our talking and eating.

When we were done, we walked out of the cafe. "You know my birday is in less than three weeks right?" Felix asked casually. "Really, when?" I asked. Felix looked at me like I commited a horrible crime. "You forgot my birthday? Is that all I mean to you?!" He asked. "But you didn't even tell me you're birthday!" I said. "Oh," Felix said. "Well, its September 15, you better not forget," Felix said. "I won't," I assured him and he beamed at me.

Suddenly an idea went to my head. What if I confess to Felix on his birthday. But then again if he rejects me and we end up not being friends...that isnt a good birthday present at all.

So I decided to make sure it would be a bit more ok for me to do such a thing.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked casually. "Sure," Felix said. "Promise you won't get mad or think it is weird?" I asked. "I promise," he said. "Ok...so uhm...what's your sexuality?" I asked. He looked at me in surpise then blushed. "Isn't it obvious?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I'm bi," Felix said.

"Why did you ask?" Felix asked. "Uh...for a friend," I replied, basically just saying the first thing that came to my mind. Felix blushed even more. "Someone has a crush on me!?" he asked. "Y-yeah," I lied. "Well...tell him I already have a crush," Felix said. "Y-you do?" I asked. Felix nodded. I felt a wave of utter disappointment go over me. So he does have a crush.

"On who?" I asked, bracing myself for the answer. "Well thats my secret. But I can tell you something. You know that person very well...actually you have know that person since you were born. That person also goes to the same university as me and is even in the same dorm block as us!" Felix said.

I felt weighed down by my dissapointment. "Did you get it now?" Felix asked, blushing hard. "Uh...Seungmin?" I asked. Felix shook his head. "Jeongin?" I asked. Felix shook his head again. I felt fustration surge through me. Who else do I know who lives in the same block as us. "But I don't know anyone else!" I complained.

FELIX

"Gosh Hyunjin, its so simple!" I said, fustrated in him. It is so obvious that it is him. Who else could it be? Who else knew him since he was born? He himself. I'm trying to confess to him, but it isn't working. I had to work up so much courage just for this. Since he doesnt understand, he probably thinks I'm weird because I want him to know who my crush is so bad.

"You can just tell me?" Hyunjin suggested weakly. "It's you? Ok!?" I said, looking at the floor, my face burning. I felt his eyes on me. He slowly reached my chin and lifted it up so I could meet his eyes. "A-are you confessing to me right now?" Hyunjin asked, his face also red.

I nodded, my eyes watering. Finally he could understand. The fustration that I felt towards him so intensly just a few moments before were replaced with love for the boy in front of me.

"I would kiss you right now if we weren't in public," Hyunjin whispered so that only I could (barely) here. I blushed even harder- if that was possible. "So does that mean...?" I started, my eyes widend. "Yeah," Hyunjin replied. I beamed at him and hugged him so tightly I was afraid I might suffocate him. But he didnt do anything about that and hugged me back.

We stayed like that for a while, having comfort in each other's arms and warmth.

It felt like we were on a cloud, and nobody else in the world mattered except each other...at least for a moment. I wanted to stay with him forever and for a quick second that strong desire was too overwhelming.

/♡/ /♡/ /♡/

We arrived home, and I let go of Hyunjin's hand. And collapsed on my bed. "I'm so tired!" I said, and snuggled in my sheets. "But you slept for so long!!" Hyunjin said. "Yeah, but we walked a ton!" I complained.

After we had hugged we had walked hand in hand together, just talking. We did go in a store as well.

"You needed to burn those calories!" said. "There are many other ways to burn calories that don't include having to work out," I pointed out. "How?" Hyunjin asked innocently. My dirty minded ass thought of something for a split second but obviously I wasn't gonna say it out loud (if you know you know). "Never mind," I said. Hyunjin seemed to have figured it out and stayed silent.

"Wanna watch a movie then?" he asked. "Sure," I said, and sat up. Hyunjin smiled and got his phone to open up Netflix. "What do you wanna watch?" he asked. "What about the new spiderman movie?" I suggested. "Ok," Hyunjin said and opened it. We covered ourselves in a blanket and cuddled.

/♡/ /♡/ /♡/

"Did you like it?" Hyunjin asked me. "Yep!" I said. "I'm glad," Hyunjin replied, hugging me closer. We were facing each other. "Thanks for today," I thanked. "The days not over," Hyunjin pointed out. I inched closer to him and our noses were almost touching. I got butterflies in my stomach and my heart beat so fast just thinking about what I was just about to ask him. "Can I kiss you?" I asked, eager to finally find out how Hyunjin's lips feel on mine.

Hyunjin's eyes went from my eyes to my lips and back again. They lingered for a moment longer on my lips and moved closer to me. Our lips brushed each other's are they finally touched.

I felt myself melt into the kiss. I deepened the kiss and it went from sweet and soft to passionate and deep really fast. I wanted it to last forever. But sadly it ended.

1276 words

/♡/Thank you for reading /♡/