.𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦🌊

🌊🐚🦪

🌊🐚🦪

Gabriel Agreste stared nonchalantly at the woman sitting down in his mansion's dining hall.
The woman was Alejandra Gomez. She was shaking her leg up and down, clutching a white handkerchief. Her eyes had dark bags underneath them and her lips were chapped.

"Why are you here, Ms. Gomez?" Gabriel asked curtly, his hands behind his back as he stood tall.

Alejandra scoffs. "Really? We're being formal? Just because you're rich and you've got this fancy house now, you think you're better than your college one-night stand?" She chuckles. "Don't make me laugh, Gabriel."

Gabriel winced at her bringing up his past with her in college. "It was a celebration for graduation. We were drunk, it meant nothing."

"Yet you still kept screwing me and then broke it off after you met your precious wife. How is she, by the way?" Alejandra questioned.

Gabriel turns away. "Dead. She was in a car accident last year."

"Oh... I... I'm sorry for your loss." Alejandra frowns, fixing the head wrap scarf on her skull.

"I don't need your apologies. What are you doing here? After so many years, you just show up at my home's gates, you must want something. Is it money?" Gabriel turns back to her.

"You a**hole," Alejandra clenches her hand around her handkerchief. "I didn't come here for your damn money, I came here to tell you that you have a daughter."

Gabriel instantly froze up, his irises wide with shock, then he relaxed. "I'm sure she's not mine. We stopped seeing each other when I began dating Emilie, and it's been years now."

Alejandra furiously digs inside her purse, getting out a paper and slamming it on the table.

Gabriel grabs the paper and unfolds it, seeing it was a DNA test.

"The DNA results all pointed back to you being her father." Alejandra hissed. "Don't bother try getting out of it, you ARE her father."

Gabriel read the DNA results; sure enough, it was a 99.99 % match. He was this girl's father. He sighs and rubs his temple. "How troublesome. What do you want? For me to recognize her as part of the Agreste family? She'll never be an Agreste."

"She's got your last name, and mine, you b*stard. Now I don't want you to announce to the whole world that she's your daughter, but you will take care of her."

Gabriel couldn't help but genuinely laugh at Alejandra's demand. "Is this a joke? You come to my house and give me demands to cater to this illegitimate child of mine? You've just wasted my time." He tosses the DNA paper at the Gomez woman's feet with little effort. "Get out of my house. We're finished here."

"She may be illegitimate, but she's still yours!" Alejandra stands up, glaring at him. "Don't pretend like you don't remember, Gabriel. A week before you and Emilie got married, we both met with each other and got drunk. And then... things happened."

Gabriel inhales a sharp breath, putting his hands behind his back, clenching them. "That was a mistake."

"Oh yeah? Was telling me that night you loved me also a mistake?"

"..."

"That's what I thought. The night we made love, a few days later, I found out I was pregnant with your child," Alejandra coughs, bringing the white handkerchief to her mouth as she did.

"Leave my house, Alejandra, and don't come back. That brat of yours will never be apart of my family." Gabriel turns away, beginning to leave the dining hall.

"Gabriel," Alejandra grew desperate, picking up the DNA test off the ground. "Gabriel please!" She attempts to chase after him, but never got far.

Because she stumbled, beginning to cough harshly as she put the handkerchief to her mouth again.

Gabriel turned around, his eyes widening when he saw his old lover was about to fall. "Alejandra!" He immediately rushes to her, catching her before she could fall. It was only then he noticed the large spat of blood on her handkerchief, staining the white silk. "You... You're sick?"

Alejandro clears her throat, blinking weakly. She slowly looks up at Gabriel, her head scarf slipping off in that moment.

Gabriel inhaled deeply, his face stricken with horror upon seeing Alejandra's head that was in a buzzcut.

"Please..." Alejandra begs, gently grabbing Gabriel's arm, her grip feeling faint to him. "I need you... to be there for her... when I'm gone..."

Gabriel breathes off shakily and puts his chin on top of her head.

"What is her name?"

"...Celine. Celine Gomez-Agreste."

Gabriel puts his hand on Alejandra's back, rubbing up and down gently.

"You chose a beautiful name for our daughter."

Alejandra chuckles, showing off her bloody teeth.

"I know."

Word Count: 797

🌊🐚🦪