.𝘶𝘯𝘦🐚

🌊🐚🦪

🌊🐚🦪

A few days later, at the Paris hospital, Alejandra Gomez sadly passed away.

Gabriel was there at the funeral, dressed in all black to pay his respects. The dark sunglasses on his face shielded away his eyes, which he was grateful for.

No one would see the tears stinging his eyes and he desperately wanted to free, but he couldn't. He knew he'd begin to sob wholeheartedly if he did, and he wouldn't know when to stop.

He glanced over at his daughter who was sitting down, crying her eyes out for the mother who had raised her for sixteen years.

He blinked, feeling a tear slide down his face.

He quickly wiped it away without anyone noticing.

🌊🐚🦪

The Agreste bodyguard silently drove back to the Agreste Mansion. In the back seat was Gabriel. He looked over at his silent grieving daughter, watching her fiddle with the seashell locket around her tan dainty neck.

 He looked over at his silent grieving daughter, watching her fiddle with the seashell locket around her tan dainty neck

"I take it she gave it to you?" Gabriel asked, breaking the silence, wanting to make small talk.

"Yes." Was Celine's quiet answer. "On my sixteenth birthday. We celebrated on the beach."

Gabriel hummed. "She always loved the sea. Do you love it too?"

Celine nods, gazing out the window, swallowing thickly.

Gabriel, sensing she didn't want to talk anymore, also looked out his window.

"...So I have a half-brother? Adrien Agreste?" Celine decided to ask, turning to her father. "He's a teen supermodel, right? He's all over Paris."

"Yes, that's right. I'll introduce you to him after you get settled in." Gabriel tells her.

Celine nods. "Okay."

After that meek reply, the teen looked out the window, not wanting to talk anymore.

Gabriel understood and repeated the same action.