Chapter 9 // Tie

"That fight was disappointing."

You looked over your shoulder to find Bakugo standing in the doorway. You had immediately gone to Class 1-C's prep room as soon as your fight with Tokoyami ended to wait out the time before your match with Bakugo, but, of course, the blond had to find you. 

"Really?" you questioned. "You seemed quite amused."

"I was hoping you would toss his ass out of bounds like you did with pinky," Bakugo replied, leaning on the doorframe as he crossed his arms and stared at you.

"I still would've won," you said confidently, standing up from your chair before turning to face the boy.

"Keep up that attitude for our match," Bakugo smirked. "It'll make it so much better when I beat you."

You narrowed you eyes at him, saying, "How can you be so sure?"

"'Cause I'm better than you,' Bakugo scowled, already fed up with seemingly nothing and everything.

"Really?" you asked, placing your hands on your hips as you tilted your head. "How are you gonna beat me if you have no idea what my quirk is, yet I know everything there is to know about you." Bakugo seemed stunned for a millisecond before his typical angry expression returned.

"I've watched all your matches," he countered, and you chuckled, stepping closer to him.

"That doesn't matter," you insisted, pushing yourself closer to him until his back was pressed up against the open door of the room. "I correlate my fighting style to my ability, so it's no help if you don't know what my quirk is."

"Get the hell out of my face before I make you!" Bakugo shouted, but his outburst only amused you.

The blond shot out his hands and pushed on your stomach, trying to shove you away, but you stood strong and placed your hands on the door on either side of his face, trapping him temporarily.

"You're not gonna hit me," you stated, bringing your face closer to his, so close that he visibly cringed as he slowly grew more angry. "You're gonna save that for the real fight."

"I'm not afraid to hit a girl," he argued, and you grinned.

"I know you aren't," you said, "because you know I can fight back, and you wanna know how I know that?" Bakugo stayed silent, still glaring at you as he shifted beneath your body.

You leaned close to him, moving your mouth toward his ear before slowly licking your lips and lowering your voice as you whispered, "because you just became my puppet, Katsuki Bakugo."

¥¥¥

Let's put it this way: Bakugo was very much not sunshine and rainbows when he stepped into the arena, and you assumed it was because of the conversation he instigated back in the prep room.

"UP TO FIGHT IS KATSUKI BAKUGO FROM THE HERO COURSE, WHO, LET'S BE HONEST PEOPLE, WE ALL KNEW WOULD MAKE IT THIS FAR, AND HIS OPPONENT IS [Y/N] [L/N] FROM GENERAL STUDIES!"

You crouched slightly, hands on your knees as you allowed your invisible stings to slowly seep from your fingers and crawl across the ground, slowly inching their way toward Bakugo, who stood with an eager expression as small explosions crackled in his palms.

"Begin!" Midnight said, putting the fight into motion, and, as soon as you heard speak, you yanked your arms back, your strings already having been wrapped around Bakugo's ankles.

Bakugou grunted when he hit the ground and began to struggle against your strings as you pulled him toward you. He blindly aimed his exposition toward his feet, knowing that your quirk was taking effect somewhere around there, and it wasn't long before he severed your strings and freed himself. The sparks from his explosions burned your skin, causing you to pull your hands back as he recovered from the ground.