Chapter 58 // Moves

You woke up to a blinding light hanging above your head. You squinted to avoid your eyes being burned, but, at your waking, a small voice said, "my apologies. I didn't realize you'd wake so soon," before the light was moved.

You turned your head to the side to find the source of the voice and cringed upon seeing what you thought was a small creature sitting on a tall stool beside whatever it was you were laid on.

"I'm not that ugly," it stated. "I'm much better looking in my real form. This is just a disguise."

"Are you an it or?..." you couldn't help but ask.

"He," it, or rather he, replied, "but that won't matter to you in a few hours considering you won't remember anything."

"What?" you stilled.

"You talk a lot," Overhaul's voice commented from across the room. You turned your head the other way to see him standing by the door. "Mimic will fix that too though."

"Fix?" you repeated.

You attempted to sit up, but you only managed to give yourself whiplash as the thick, black straps that secured you to the table you laid on forced you back down.

Overhaul ignored your panic and walked over to a cabinet located on the other side of the room behind Mimic, who was still sat next to you and prepping a syringe in his hand.

The villain opened the cabinet and began running his pointer finger across several small vials that were organized in sections of twelves within trays.

"Mimic, what are her stats?" Overhaul asked.

"She's naturally very quick and agile. Her hands are quite firm, probably due to her quirk, and her strength is a bit above the average of a normal sixteen-year-old female," Mimic explained. "We'll give her some more muscle though to balance her strength out with her speed, and I'll prep her internal organs to house more quirks."

Overhaul plucked some vials from the trays and walked over to Mimic, who he displayed the vials to from his palm. You could see labels on all of them, but they were too far away to read properly.

"How are these?" he asked.

Mimic hummed as he examined the vials before saying, "get rid of that one," he tapped one of the vials that held a blue liquid, "and grab the...periwinkle one, the one that holds "Rampage.'"

"Rampage?" Overhaul questioned, his eyes growing wide for a millisecond. "Is that safe?"

"Yes, I'll prep her and inject Rampage first to make her body more stable for the other quirks," Mimic replied.

"Hey!" you snapped as Overhaul replaced the useless vial in his hand with the one that supposedly held the quirk named "Rampage."

"You're not putting jack shit in my body!" you shouted.

"Yet you're still the one strapped to the table," Overhaul stated with a hum as he set the selected vials on a nearby counter.

"They'll come for me," you said. "The heroes, my classmates, they'll all come and find me, and then you'll be arrested or, even better, dead."

"Feisty one," Mimic commented. "I hope you'll retain that part of your personality after we're done with you," he tapped the syringe in his hand. "Back to sleep now."

You jerked away even though you couldn't run while being strapped down. Despite your protesting and resistance, Mimic didn't spare you an ounce of mercy and injected the unknown substance into you through your neck. You were immediately put to sleep.

¥¥¥

Bakugo sat on the edge of his bed, staring at the far wall as he fiddled with his own
fingers, his elbows resting on his knees.

He had reverted back to the behavior he adopted when you were hospitalized; silent, miserable, and restless. He skipped school, which Aizawa said he'd let slide for only one day. However, there was a different between how he was now and how he was when you were hospitalized.

He was planning, thinking. He needed to get some leads and evidence that was enough to convince Aizawa to make a bigger move than a search and rescue team.

You once risked your life to save his. You got stabbed for him. You got bedridden in the hospital for two months for him. You fought for him, bled for him.

He owed you. He owed you so much more than his life, so the least he could to do was find and save you, but he needed to do it smartly. He hated to say it, but he needed to think like Deku.

If he were Deku, he would make notes. He'd use any sliver of evidence he had and expand them into greater detail so he could draw out a clue or a lead or maybe even a stronger suspect.

Bakugo grabbed his wallet and phone as he stood and rushed out of his room. While heading to the stairwell to make his way to the first floor, he called Aizawa, who was busy at school like everyone else.

"Yes, Bakugo?" Aizawa said upon answering the call.

"If you won't let me go out and look for [L/N], then I can at least help from the dorms," Bakugo rushed out. "I'm gonna make an evidence board. Can I get whatever evidence and links you have to her kidnapping?"

"Bakugo, that stuff is classified," Aizawa stated. "I understand you want to help, but sometimes it's better to do nothing."

"Sensei, I'm going crazy sitting around here doing nothing," Bakugo replied desperately. "[L/N] has almost died for me before. I can't sit here and do nothing while she's somewhere out there going through who knows what. Just let me do this."

Bakugo heard Aizawa sigh on the other end of the line before his teacher said, "I'll bring copies of whatever evidence we have back to the dorms, but it stays in the dorms."

"Done. Thanks. Bye, Sensei," Bakugo replied shortly.

He ended the call as he left the dormitory. through the front doors and began his journey to pick up some supplies; the biggest cork board he could fine, thumbtacks, sharpies, and string.

Bakugo was going to find you. He didn't care how long it took. He didn't care what he had to do. He was going to find you, and you were going to be okay.

[EDITED]