Scene 9- Your Sweet Self

Juliette is seen writing in her diary as  she lays on her stomach in her bed while her TV drones a disney channel original on in the background. 

John pops his head in the door to her bedroom that's already cracked halfway open.

"Hey baby girl. I just realized I never came to check up on you."

Juliette- "Oh it's ok. I'm better now. I guess."

John goes over to sit on Juliette's bed and runs his hand through her hair.

"Oh I'm sorry those boys are so mean to you sometimes."

"It's ok. It seems like it's their job as my brothers to torment me. Builds character or whatever."

Juliette rolls her eyes on that last part she said.

John continues to brush through her hair with his fingers, "Well thank you for staying your sweet self even when they do. I can always count on you to be my best little girl."

Juliette looks at him funny, "I'm your only daughter."

John puts a finger to her lips and shushes her gently. He grabbed her head and gently tilted it down to kiss her forehead.

John- "I love you baby girl"

Juliette- "I love you too Daddy"

John pats her bottom lightly as he says, "Goodnight"

Juliette- "Goodnight? It's only 9:30!"

John- "I know I'm not usually around for your bedtime, but I for a fact you're up past it right now."

Juliette- "Then go ask mommy and she'll tell you you're wrong."

John rolls his eyes and smiles, "I'm going to turn off the lights and you're going to act like you're going to sleep. Sound good?"

Juliette smiles and nods her head quickly.

John- "Hm?"

Juliette sometimes forgets that her dad doesn't really appreciate nonverbal communication.

Juliette- "Yes sir."

John smiles, nods his head once, turns off the lights, and closes the door behind him.

Juliette closes her diary and continues to watch her tv.