Scene 28- Losing Battle

Juliette is seen watching a movie in the living room. All by herself she watches The Notebook her favorite movie. She looks microscopic compared to the lavish and huge sectional couch she sits in the middle of. It fits over fifty of Laura's favorite decorative pillows.

The TV drones on

I want a white house, with blue shutters, and a room overlooking the river so I can paint.

This was one of Juliette's favorite parts. Her parents always skipped this scene because they almost have sex, but her parents weren't here. She smiles at the romantic story. She wants that when she's older. Not like her parents love, but a different love.

In almost an instant, all four of her brothers walk into the kitchen. The kitchen is connected to the living room by one huge room. Laura and John appreciated the open concept layout for their house. They're all sweaty and talking very loudly to each other.

Beau says, "Bro did you see that geezer shank the nine?"

The boys all laughed.

Jackson laid on more, "Old man should really start to realize he doesn't have much more time to get better."

They all make dead gestures with their hands and Beau notices the TV is on.

He walks over alone while the rest of the boys snack.

"Ohhhh what have we got over here?"

Juliette pauses the movie because the sex part was coming up in a couple seconds.

Juliette then replies proudly, "The Notebook!"

Beau looks at the paused screen and then says, "Lame."

And walks back to the kitchen.

She turns on the movie again and turns up the volume so she can hear over their banter.

Both of the characters undress and Jackson and Beau notice.

Beau yells from across the enormous room, "Woah! JuJu has stepped it up."

She knows the boys won't get her in trouble and is actually beaming on the inside that Beau was weirdly proud of her.

Jackson yells over to Juliette,
"What is this movie?"

Before Juliette can yell back, John walks in from work. And he looks at the TV.

He then looks at Juliette, "Juliette, you know you aren't allowed to watch this."

Juliette whines back from instinct, "What?! You always let me watch this movie."

John replies frustrated, "You know that you aren't allowed to watch this scene."

Juliette felt contradicted. She could  either fight her case and be able to watch the scene that would earn her brothers respect. Or she could comply with her dad and not fight. The only problem is that if she ultimately isn't allowed to watch the scene then her brothers will make fun of her. But they'll also not respect her for throwing a fit. It seemed like a losing battle. She decided that not arguing would be more mature.

"Ok I'm sorry."

John smiles, "See? That wasn't so hard."

Juliette has lost her battle. She sulks as her Dad comes over to her to skip the scene himself and pats her thigh.

"There you go, baby."

Juliette said through gritted teeth, "Thanks." And rolled her eyes.

She looks over to see her dad greeting her brothers. She looks at JD and he's laughing with the rest of them.

Being mature but not being treated like I'm mature is not fair.