Scene 54- Never Again

Juliette's POV

It has been hours now since Jackson and Beau took me to dinner. Gavin actually went along too. JD couldn't because he already had plans with his friends. He's been really distant lately, but I don't know why.

It was awkward. I hadn't realized just how much time we spent apart while they were at college. They also got me a kid's menu like what?! I guess it was 12 and under and I am twelve. But is that really all they view me as? Their kid sister?

"Juli. Can I talk to you baby?"

I looked up startled from my book that I wasn't even paying attention to. It was Daddy standing in my doorway. I didn't know what to say.

"Yeah." I said in a small voice.

He came and sat next to me on my bed. I couldn't help but feel nervous. What if he yelled at me? Or hit me again?

"Honey, I'm real sorry I spanked you."

I looked at him confused and unable to come up with a response.

He continued and put his arm around my waist to hold me, "My temper got the best of me. You scared me so bad, baby."

He was real sad when he was talking. I felt bad that I scared him.

"You can't do that. You can't...freeze like that in a dangerous situation. I love you too much." He said looking at me while he pushed my hair out of my face.

I was sad that he was disappointed in me , "I said I was sorry. I really am sorry, Daddy."

He shushed me, "I know princess, I know."

He paused while he looked out the doorway.

"Never again. You promise me you'll never be unsafe like that again."

I said scared, "I promise Daddy."

I just wanted this to be over. I wanted everything to go back to the way it was before.

He kissed my forehead, "That's a good girl."

He started to get up and walk out of my room when my curiosity got the best of me,

"Are you going to hit me again?"

He turned around, looking at me for several moments, frowning.

"Juliette, I didn't hit you. You got a spanking. There's a difference darling."

He seemed displeased by my question, "Sorry, Daddy."

He looked at me again and sighed in a frustrated tone, "Honey I won't spank you again. Your momma and I stopped that a long time ago. I promise."

I whispered, "Okay."

And he walked out of my room.