Scene 27- Leftover Lunch

Juliette comes into the kitchen. Her mom is washing dishes at the sink. She scans for brothers and knows her daddy is at work. She only sees JD sitting at the table with a half eaten lunch looking at his phone.

She asks as she always does, "What's for lunch?"

Laura cautiously states, "Oh honey, we're having leftovers from your dinner last night. I guess I could make you something though..."

She trailed off. She didn't really want to do that but knows how much her picky daughter hates leftover food.

Juliette interrupts her concerns, "No it's ok! I'll have leftovers."

Laura raises her eyebrows in shock. JD looks up at his phone in disbelief as well.  She smiles at her daughter and fixes her plate.

Juliette states, "Thank you Mom."

And goes to sit down. Laura walks out of the room promptly.

JD says from the other end of the table,
"Wow you're really committing to this aren't you?"

Juliette plays dumb, "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm always this good."

JD half laughs, "Sure, sure."

Just then, Jackson and Gavin walk in.

Jackson says to JD, "Bro are you ready yet? The range is going to get packed."

Juliette is curious, "The shooting range?"

Jackson makes an effort to switch his focus to her to let her know that he wasn't talking to her.

"No the driving range." He switches back to JD, "So?"

JD gets up, "Bro relax yes I'm coming."

Juliette looks at Gavin waiting for him to say something. A couple days earlier he told her they would take her the next time they went golfing.

He looks at her guilty and stays silent. She knew she wasn't going to be invited. Unlike the old her, she didn't fight or say anything. Just sat there and watched them leave.

Jackson yells for her as they leave the room, "Bye JuJu!"

Being the nice and mature sister is hard.